Validity of self-report and informant rating scales of adult ADHD symptoms in comparison with a semistructured diagnostic interview
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Gudmundsson, Olafur O
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ Atten Disord 2006, 9(3):494-503
AbstractIn a study of ADHD symptoms in the relatives of probands diagnosed with ADHD, the validity of self-reported and informant-reported symptoms in childhood and adulthood was investigated with a semistructured diagnostic interview, the Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children (K-SADS) adapted for adults, as a criterion. The participating relatives were 80 women and 46 men aged 17 to 77. Rating scales based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (4th ed.) were completed by participants and informants. Internal consistency of the scales and interrater reliabilities of the diagnostic interview were satisfactory. Correlations between ratings across sources of information supported convergent and divergent validity. Self-report scales and informant scales predicted interview-based diagnoses in childhood and adulthood with adequate sensitivities and specificities. It was concluded that the rating scales have good psychometric properties, at least in at-risk populations.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- [Diagnostic structured interviews in child and adolescent's psychiatry].
- Authors: Renou S, Hergueta T, Flament M, Mouren-Simeoni MC, Lecrubier Y
- Issue date: 2004 Mar-Apr
- Reliability, validity, and utility of instruments for self-report and informant report concerning symptoms of ADHD in adult patients.
- Authors: Sandra Kooij JJ, Marije Boonstra A, Swinkels SH, Bekker EM, de Noord I, Buitelaar JK
- Issue date: 2008 Jan
- Psychometric properties of an adult ADHD diagnostic interview.
- Authors: Epstein JN, Kollins SH
- Issue date: 2006 Feb
- Concordance of self- and informant ratings of adults' current and childhood attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms.
- Authors: Zucker M, Morris MK, Ingram SM, Morris RD, Bakeman R
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- [Utility of the Wender-Utah rating scale and the checklists for the diagnosis of familial attention deficit hyperactivity disorder in adults. Convergent and concurrent validities].
- Authors: Pineda DA, Trujillo-Orrego N, Aguirre-Acevedo DC, Arango CP, Hincapié-Henao L, Montoya-Arenas DA, Lopera F, Pineda-Alvarez DE, Arcos-Burgos M, Muenke M
- Issue date: 2010 Feb 16-28