Meningococcal serogroup C polysaccharide specific memory B cells, directly enumerated by labeled polysaccharide, are not affected by age at vaccination
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Sigurdardottir, Sigurveig Th
MetadataShow full item record
CitationVaccine. 2010, 28(9):2097-103
AbstractThe influence of age on the generation and persistence of specific memory B cells after vaccination with Neisseria meningitidis type C polysaccharide (MenC-PS) conjugate is unknown. MenC-PS-specific B cells could be directly enumerated by fluorochrome-labeled MenC-PS and flow cytometry in blood up to at least 4 years after vaccination, ranging from 0.01% to 0.78% of total B cells and did not correlate with age at vaccination. The percentage of MenC-specific memory B cells out of total memory B cells correlated with total MenC-specific B-cells and with frequencies of IgA(+) plus IgG(+) MenC-specific AbSC, but not with MenC-specific Ab.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- The development of a new heptavalent diphtheria-tetanus-whole cell pertussis-hepatitis B-Haemophilus influenzae type b-Neisseria meningitidis serogroups A and C vaccine: a randomized dose-ranging trial of the conjugate vaccine components.
- Authors: Gatchalian S, Palestroque E, De Vleeschauwer I, Han HH, Poolman J, Schuerman L, Dobbelaere K, Boutriau D
- Issue date: 2008 May
- B cell memory to a serogroup C meningococcal conjugate vaccine in childhood and response to booster: little association with serum IgG antibody.
- Authors: Perrett KP, Jin C, Clutterbuck E, John TM, Winter AP, Kibwana E, Yu LM, Curtis N, Pollard AJ
- Issue date: 2012 Sep 1
- Immunity against Neisseria meningitidis serogroup C in the Dutch population before and after introduction of the meningococcal c conjugate vaccine.
- Authors: de Voer RM, Mollema L, Schepp RM, de Greeff SC, van Gageldonk PG, de Melker HE, Sanders EA, Berbers GA, van der Klis FR
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 13
- Immunogenicity of the 10-valent pneumococcal non-typeable Haemophilus influenzae protein D conjugate vaccine (PHiD-CV) when coadministered with different neisseria meningitidis serogroup C conjugate vaccines.
- Authors: Wysocki J, Tejedor JC, Grunert D, Konior R, Garcia-Sicilia J, Knuf M, Bernard L, Dieussaert I, Schuerman L
- Issue date: 2009 Apr
- Different Dynamics for IgG and IgA Memory B Cells in Adolescents following a Meningococcal Serogroup C Tetanus Toxoid Conjugate Booster Vaccination Nine Years after Priming: A Role for Priming Age?
- Authors: Stoof SP, Buisman AM, van Rooijen DM, Boonacker R, van der Klis FR, Sanders EA, Berbers GA
- Issue date: 2015