Notkun geislajoðs (I131) við greiningu skjaldkirtilssjúkdóma á Íslandi: að mestu leyti eftir erindi sem flutt var í L.R. 13. nóvember 1963
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsÞorvaldur Veigar Guðmundsson
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesThe use of radioactive iodine in diagnosing thyroid diseases in Iceland. 1964
CitationLæknablaðið 2005, 91(1):51-6
AbstractA brief description of human iodine metabolism is given. The results of 4 hours, 24 hours and 48 hours thyroid I-131 uptake and 48 hours PBI-131 measurements in 88 (28 males, 60 females) euthyroid volunteers are presented (Table I, fig. 2 and 3). The uptake in Icelandic euthyroids is ca. 50% lower than in euthyroids in Great Britain and U.S.A. (Table II). A 4 hours uptake > 21% of dose is the best criterion for hyperthyrodism, but a 48 hours uptake < 5% the best criterion for hypothyroidism. 48 hr PBI-131 is of no aid in diagnosis of hypothyroidism, but of some value in the diagnosis of hyperthyroidism (> 0.2% dose/1 plasma).Clinical assessment of 96 patients (10 hypothyr. 49 euthyroid. 37 hyperthyr.) is compared with the assessment based on I-131 studies (tabl. III & IV, fig. 4,5 and 7). The results of TSH stimulation test on 1 clin. Euthyroid with low uptake and 7 hypothyroids (6 primary, 1 secondary) are presented (fig. 6). BMR results (normal = 15%) in 56 of these patients are compared with clinical assessment (table V). No correlation between I-131 uptake and BMR was found in euor hypothyroid, but some correlation was found in hyperthyroids (r = + 0.53).
Nú eru liðin næstum tvö ár, síðan mælingar á skjald-kirtilsstarfsemi með geislajoði hófust á Landspítalanum.1) Hinn 15. okt. sl. höfðu slíkar mælingar verið gerðar á 413 manns. Það er því kominn tími til þess að gera sér grein fyrir, hvernig þetta próf reynist hér við greiningu hyper- og hypothyroidismus. Áður en byrjað verður á því, er rétt að gera stutta grein fyrir joðefnaskiptum líkamans, mælingaraðferðum og niðurstöðum af mælingum á heilbrigðum Íslendingum.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open
Endurprentun úr Læknablaðinu 1964; 48: 70-82
- [Protein-bound iodine levels (PBI) in the blood serum and its correlation with the clinical state, thyroid iodine-uptake and the level of protein-bound radioactive iodine (PBI-131)].
- Authors: Sawicki Z, Zulawnik W, Gasiorowski W
- Issue date: 1968 Jul 8
- History of disorders of thyroid dysfunction.
- Authors: Ahmed AM, Ahmed NH
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Thyroid function in normal and pathological states as revealed by radioactive iodine studies. I. Thyroid I131 uptake and turnover in euthyroid, hyperthyroid and hypothyroid subjects.
- Authors: FREEDBERG AS, CHAMOVITZ DL, KURLAND GS
- Issue date: 1952 Jan
- [Determination of normal values by means of various statistical methods derived from radioiodine tests (author's transl)].
- Authors: Lütgemeier J, Seifert W, Heckmann HG
- Issue date: 1977 Jan
- Thyroid disorders and the distribution of orally administered radioiodine.
- Authors: Bagwe BA, DaCosta H
- Issue date: 1977 Dec