Left ventricular myocardial perfusion and function in systemic sclerosis before and after diltiazem treatment
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationScand. J. Rheumatol. 1996, 25(5):317-20
AbstractTo examine left ventricular (LV) myocardial perfusion and function, in systemic sclerosis. Myocardial perfusion was assessed at rest, during cold exposure, and at peak exercise in 10 patients with systemic sclerosis. Seven of the 10 patients were examined with Doppler echocardiography; before and after long-term diltiazem treatment. Compared with average resting values, isotope uptake was increased by 48% after exercise, compared with cold exposure the exercise value was increased by 35%. After 11 months of diltiazem treatment there was no change in myocardial uptake, compared with respective values before treatment. Doppler echocardiography showed an increase in LV end-diastolic diameter, fractional shortening, and left ventricular outflow tract velocity, after treatment. This indicates that long-term diltiazem treatment does not increase myocardial perfusion at rest, post-exercise, or during cold exposure. On the other hand diltiazem treatment may improve left ventricular performance.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Diltiazem and regional left ventricular function during graded coronary constriction and propofol anesthesia in the dog.
- Authors: Goldberg AH, Diedericks J, Sear JW, Hopwood MB, Foëx P
- Issue date: 1993 Dec
- Effects of diltiazem on left ventricular systolic and diastolic function in hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Authors: Betocchi S, Piscione F, Losi M A, Pace L, Boccalatte M, Perrone-Filardi P, Cappelli-Bigazzi, Briguori C, Manganelli F, Ciampi Q, Salvatore M, Chiariello M
- Issue date: 1996 Aug 15
- Effects of diltiazem on hemodynamic variables and ventricular function in healthy horses.
- Authors: Schwarzwald CC, Bonagura JD, Luis-Fuentes V
- Issue date: 2005 Sep-Oct
- [Effect of diltiazem on cold-induced left ventricular dysfunction in patients with systemic sclerosis].
- Authors: Rey RH, Marrero G, Chwojnik A, Martínez Martínez JA, Maldonado Cocco J, Rodrigué S, Casabé H
- Issue date: 1997
- Acute effects of diltiazem on regional left ventricular diastolic filling dynamics in patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy as assessed by color kinesis.
- Authors: Ito T, Suwa M, Imai M, Hozumi T, Tonari S, Kitaura Y
- Issue date: 2004 Nov