Kalkvakaóhóf vegna kalkkirtilsæxlis í brjóstholi – sjúkratilfelli með umfjöllun
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesPrimary hyperparathyroidism due to an intrathoracic parathyroid adenoma. - A case report and review of the literature
CitationLæknablaðið 2010, 96(7-8):469-72
AbstractA 72 year old gentleman presented to the emergency department with symptoms of diffuse joint and muscular pain, fatigue and diminished memory. Serum calcium and parathyroid hormone levels were raised, consistent with primary hyperparathyroidism. No abnormality was found on an ultrasound scan of the neck. However, a sestamibi scan suggested a possible adenoma in the anterior mediastinum, which on computed tomography (CT) scan was 1.5 cm in size. A partial upper sternotomy was performed in order to excise the adenoma and his symptoms disappeared within several weeks. This case highlights the variable and commonly nonspecific symptoms of primary hyperparathyroidism and the less well known fact that parathyroid adenoma may occasionally be found intrathoracically.
72 ára karlmaður leitaði á bráðamóttöku vegna dreifðra lið- og vöðvaverkja, þreytu og minnisleysis. Bæði kalk í sermi (S-Ca2+) og kalkvaki (S-PTH, serum parathyroid hormone) reyndust hækkuð en stækkaðir kalkkirtlar fundust ekki við ómskoðun af hálsi. Á kalkirtlaskanni sást hins vegar aukin upptaka í fremra miðmæti sem á tölvusneiðmynd reyndist vera 1,5 cm stór fyrirferð. Fyrirferðin var fjarlægð í gegnum bringubeinsskurð og reyndist góðkynja kalkkirtilsæxli (adenoma). Einkenni hurfu á nokkrum vikum. Tilfellið sýnir hversu fjölskrúðug einkenni geta fylgt frumkomnu kalkvakaóhófi og að orsök þess getur verið kalkkirtilsæxli staðsett í brjóstholi.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn Skoða/Opna(view/open)
- Mediastinal parathyroid adenoma.
- Authors: Al-Mashat F, Sibiany A, Faleh D, Kary K, Alfi AY, El-Lakany MM
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Correlation between serum calcium levels and dual-phase (99m)Tc-sestamibi parathyroid scintigraphy in primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Authors: Mshelia DS, Hatutale AN, Mokgoro NP, Nchabaleng ME, Buscombe JR, Sathekge MM
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- The biochemical severity of primary hyperparathyroidism correlates with the localization accuracy of sestamibi and surgeon-performed ultrasound.
- Authors: Hughes DT, Sorensen MJ, Miller BS, Cohen MS, Gauger PG
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Surgical treatment for mediastinal parathyroid adenoma causing primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Authors: Kitada M, Yasuda S, Nana T, Ishibashi K, Hayashi S, Okazaki S
- Issue date: 2016 Apr 7
- Importance of careful Tc-MIBI interpretation in patients with thyroid cancer and primary hyperparathyroidism.
- Authors: Lee KA, Jin HY, Baek HS, Park TS
- Issue date: 2015 Jul