Uterine electromyogram database and processing function interface: An open standard analysis platform for electrohysterogram signals
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationComput. Biol. Med. 2010, 40(2):223-30
AbstractThe uterine electromyogram or electrohysterogram (EHG) is one of the most promising biophysical markers of preterm labor. At this time no recording parameter standard exists for EHG recordings which can be a problem for the establishment of international multicentric trials. In this paper, we present a management and processing system dedicated to storing and processing EHG signals. This system can process EHG signals recorded in different experimental conditions i.e. different sampling frequencies. The signal management is performed using an easy to use graphical user interface. Other available functions include visualization, preprocessing and analysis of EHG signals. The proposed processing functions provide temporal, spectral and time-scale parameters obtained from the EHG bibliography. The obtained results from real signals recorded in two different hospitals in two different countries are in accordance with the literature and demonstrate the potential of the proposed system. The incorporation of new functions is easy, due to a standardization of the EHG data formats.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Automated electrohysterographic detection of uterine contractions for monitoring of pregnancy: feasibility and prospects.
- Authors: Muszynski C, Happillon T, Azudin K, Tylcz JB, Istrate D, Marque C
- Issue date: 2018 May 8
- Ridge extraction from the time-frequency representation (TFR) of signals based on an image processing approach: application to the analysis of uterine electromyogram AR TFR.
- Authors: Terrien J, Marque C, Germain G
- Issue date: 2008 May
- Inter-electrode delay estimators for electrohysterographic propagation analysis.
- Authors: Rabotti C, Mischi M, van Laar JO, Oei GS, Bergmans JW
- Issue date: 2009 Aug
- Automated detection of premature delivery using empirical mode and wavelet packet decomposition techniques with uterine electromyogram signals.
- Authors: Acharya UR, Sudarshan VK, Rong SQ, Tan Z, Lim CM, Koh JE, Nayak S, Bhandary SV
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 1
- A multichannel time-frequency and multi-wavelet toolbox for uterine electromyography processing and visualisation.
- Authors: Batista AG, Najdi S, Godinho DM, Martins C, Serrano FC, Ortigueira MD, Rato RT
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 1