International field test results of the Observable Indicators of Nursing Home Care Quality instrument.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInt Nurs Rev. 2002, 49(4):234-42
AbstractResearchers at the University of Missouri-Columbia developed the Observable Indicators of Nursing Home Care Quality instrument to measure the dimensions of nursing home care quality during a brief on-site visit to a nursing home. The instrument has been translated for use in Iceland and used in Canada. Results of the validity and reliability studies using the instrument in 12 nursing homes in Reykjavik, in a large Veterans Home in Ontario with 14 units tested separately, and in 20 nursing homes in Missouri, are promising. High-content validity was observed in all countries, together with excellent inter-rater reliability and coefficient alpha. Test-retest reliabilities in Iceland and Missouri were good. Results of the international field test of the Observable Indicators of Nursing Home Care Quality instrument points to the usefulness of such an instrument in measuring nursing home care quality following a quick on-site observation in a nursing facility. The instrument should be used as a facility-wide assessment of quality, rather than for individual units within a facility. We strongly recommend its use by practising nurses in nursing homes to assess quality of care and guide efforts to improve care. We recommend its use by researchers and consumers and further testing of the use of the instrument with regulators.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Field testing, refinement, and psychometric evaluation of a new measure of nursing home care quality.
- Authors: Rantz MJ, Zwygart-Stauffacher M, Mehr DR, Petroski GF, Owen SV, Madsen RW, Flesner M, Conn V, Bostick J, Smith R, Maas M
- Issue date: 2006 Fall
- Initial field testing of an instrument to measure: observable indicators of nursing home care quality.
- Authors: Rantz MJ, Mehr DR, Petroski GF, Madsen RW, Popejoy LL, Hicks LL, Conn VS, Grando VT, Wipke-Tevis DD, Bostick J, Porter R, Zwygart-Stauffacher M, Maas M
- Issue date: 2000 Apr
- Quality of Care In Nursing Homes In Brazil.
- Authors: Fonseca de Oliveira WI, Saturno Hernández PJ, de Meneses Sousa K, da Silva G, da Silva Gama ZA
- Issue date: 2017 Jul 1
- Field testing, refinement, and psychometric evaluation of a new measure of quality of care for assisted living.
- Authors: Rantz MJ, Aud MA, Zwygart-Stauffacher M, Mehr DR, Petroski GF, Owen SV, Madsen RW, Flesner M, Conn V, Maas M
- Issue date: 2008
- Developing a residential care facility version of the observable indicators of Nursing Home Care Quality Instrument.
- Authors: Aud MA, Rantz MJ, Zwygart-Stauffacher M, Manion P
- Issue date: 2004 Jan-Mar