A comparison of genome-scans performed in multicase families with systemic lupus erythematosus from different population groups.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Lindqvist, A K
Gyllensten, U B
Alarcón-Riquelme, M E
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ. Autoimmun. 1999, 13(1):137-41
AbstractSystemic lupus erythematosus is a disease of unknown etiology. Multiple genetic factors are believed to be involved in its pathogenesis. In addition, and due to genetic heterogeneity, these factors and/or their combinations may be different in different ethnic groups, while some might be shared between populations. We have performed genome scans in multicase families from three different population groups, two from Northern Europe, with a high degree of homogeneity, and the third from a recently admixed population of Mexican Mestizos. Although our family material is relatively small, the results presented here show that using family sets from well defined populations are sufficient to detect susceptibility loci for SLE. Our results also reveal the chromosomal regions most likely to contain susceptibility genes for SLE.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- A susceptibility locus for human systemic lupus erythematosus (hSLE1) on chromosome 2q.
- Authors: Lindqvist AK, Steinsson K, Johanneson B, Kristjánsdóttir H, Arnasson A, Gröndal G, Jonasson I, Magnusson V, Sturfelt G, Truedsson L, Svenungsson E, Lundberg I, Terwilliger JD, Gyllensten UB, Alarcón-Riquelme ME
- Issue date: 2000 Mar
- Association of three systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility factors, PD-1.3A, C4AQ0, and low levels of mannan-binding lectin, with autoimmune manifestations in Icelandic multicase systemic lupus erythematosus families.
- Authors: Kristjansdottir H, Saevarsdottir S, Gröndal G, Alarcón-Riquelme ME, Erlendsson K, Valdimarsson H, Steinsson K
- Issue date: 2008 Dec
- Stratification of pedigrees multiplex for systemic lupus erythematosus and for self-reported rheumatoid arthritis detects a systemic lupus erythematosus susceptibility gene (SLER1) at 5p15.3.
- Authors: Namjou B, Nath SK, Kilpatrick J, Kelly JA, Reid J, James JA, Harley JB
- Issue date: 2002 Nov
- Characterization of a susceptibility locus for SLE, SLEB5, on chromosome 4p14-13.
- Authors: Johansson CM, Kristjánsdottir H, Gröndal G, Steinsson K, Alarcón-Riquelme ME
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- Genetic admixture, relatedness, and structure patterns among Mexican populations revealed by the Y-chromosome.
- Authors: Rangel-Villalobos H, Muñoz-Valle JF, González-Martín A, Gorostiza A, Magaña MT, Páez-Riberos LA
- Issue date: 2008 Apr