Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesPrimary care training during internship - quality and organization
CitationLæknablaðið 2004, 90(4):305-9
AbstractAims: In 2000 a new regulation regarding medical licensure came into effect requiring a three-month rotation at a primary health care centre during internship. The aim of this study was to explore the interns' attitude towards this experience, and particularly to find out how well the training was organized, the supervision they received, and the quality of teaching at the health care centres. Methods: In 2002 a survey was mailed to all interns (a total of 65) who had completed training at primary health care centres during 2000 and 2001. Five interns were unreachable and we obtained 38 replies (63% of those reachable, and 58% of target population). Results: The interns received clinical training in providing comprehensive services as well as formal teaching. If an intern needed assistance with patient care he/she was almost always able to obtain help within 10 minutes. In 92% of cases, experienced doctors were available for the interns to consult with during off-duty emergencies. Conclusions: Our results indicate that the current method of teaching interns in the primary health care setting is of good quality, the variety of work experience is positive, and the work environment is satisfactory. Overall the interns expressed satisfaction with their training. A few areas were identified as needing improvement. Further research is needed to assess whether the interns achieve their aims with regard to knowledge, attitude and skills in family practice.
Markmið: Árið 2000 tók gildi ný reglugerð þar sem kveðið var á um þriggja mánaða dvöl á heilsugæslustöð sem hluta af starfsnámi unglækna á kandídatsári. Tilgangur þessarar rannsóknar var að kanna viðhorf unglækna til starfsnáms á heilsugæslustöð, einkum hvað varðar skipulag námsins, handleiðslu og kennslugetu stöðvanna. Aðferðir: Árið 2002 var sendur út spurningalisti til allra lækna (alls 65) sem höfðu verið í starfsnámi á heilsugæslustöð á árunum 2000-2001. Ekki náðist í fimm lækna og svör bárust frá 38 af þeim 60 (63%) sem til náðist (58% af markhópnum). Niðurstöður: Unglæknar fengu starfsþjálfun í almennum heilsugæslustörfum auk formlegrar kennslu. Aðgengi eða aðstoð frá leiðbeinandi lækni fékkst í nær öllum tilvikum innan 10 mínútna. Vaktir unglækna um kvöld og helgar voru að jafnaði studdar með bakvakt reynds læknis í 92% tilvika. Ályktanir: Niðurstöður benda til þess að skipulag námsins sé gott, verkefni fjölbreytt, handleiðsla og starfsaðstaða viðunandi og almenn ánægja með námið. Niðurstöður gefa nokkrar vísbendingar um það sem betur má fara. Frekari rannsókna er þörf á því hvort unglæknar nái settum markmiðum varðandi kunnáttu, viðhorf og færni á viðfangsefnum innan heilsugæslunnar.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open
- Implementation of an intern boot camp curriculum to address clinical competencies under the new Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education supervision requirements and duty hour restrictions.
- Authors: Krajewski A, Filippa D, Staff I, Singh R, Kirton OC
- Issue date: 2013 Aug
- A longitudinal method of teaching pediatric palliative care to interns: preliminary findings regarding changes in interns' comfort level.
- Authors: Yazdani S, Evan E, Roubinov D, Chung PJ, Zeltzer L
- Issue date: 2010 Mar
- Making July safer: simulation-based mastery learning during intern boot camp.
- Authors: Cohen ER, Barsuk JH, Moazed F, Caprio T, Didwania A, McGaghie WC, Wayne DB
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Interns' perceptions of performance feedback.
- Authors: Ibrahim J, MacPhail A, Chadwick L, Jeffcott S
- Issue date: 2014 Apr
- A structured handoff program for interns.
- Authors: Chu ES, Reid M, Schulz T, Burden M, Mancini D, Ambardekar AV, Keniston A, Albert RK
- Issue date: 2009 Mar