Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationCurr Rheumatol Rep 2004, 6(4):314-6
AbstractPsoriasis is associated with arthritis in approximately 10% of patients. The skin disease and arthritis have a strong but complex genetic component. Several susceptibility loci have been reported including one major locus that maps very close to the human leukocyte antigen-C gene on chromosome 6p. No causative gene has so far been conclusively identified. A recent genetic analysis that only included patients with psoriatic arthritis revealed a highly significant susceptibility locus on chromosome 16q approximately 20 cM from the NOD2 gene that has been associated with Crohn's disease. This locus was barely detectable when the entire cohort of psoriasis patients was analyzed as a homogeneous entity. A further clinical stratification of psoriasis patients has revealed novel strongly suggestive loci and also increased the logarithm of the odds scores of some previously reported loci. It is concluded that a careful documentation of clinical features and phenotypic stratification may help to analyze complex genetic disorders.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Genetics of psoriasis in Iceland: evidence for linkage of subphenotypes to distinct Loci.
- Authors: Karason A, Gudjonsson JE, Jónsson HH, Hauksson VB, Runarsdottir EH, Stefansson K, Valdimarsson H, Gulcher JR
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Analysis of three suggested psoriasis susceptibility loci in a large Swedish set of families: confirmation of linkage to chromosome 6p (HLA region), and to 17q, but not to 4q.
- Authors: Enlund F, Samuelsson L, Enerbäck C, Inerot A, Wahlström J, Yhr M, Torinsson A, Martinsson T, Swanbeck G
- Issue date: 1999 Jan
- Genetics of psoriasis: paternal inheritance and a locus on chromosome 6p.
- Authors: Burden AD, Javed S, Bailey M, Hodgins M, Connor M, Tillman D
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- A susceptibility gene for psoriatic arthritis maps to chromosome 16q: evidence for imprinting.
- Authors: Karason A, Gudjonsson JE, Upmanyu R, Antonsdottir AA, Hauksson VB, Runasdottir EH, Jonsson HH, Gudbjartsson DF, Frigge ML, Kong A, Stefansson K, Valdimarsson H, Gulcher JR
- Issue date: 2003 Jan
- CARD15 mutations in patients with plaque-type psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis: lack of association.
- Authors: Jenisch S, Hampe J, Elder JT, Nair R, Stuart P, Voorhees JJ, Schreiber S, Kabelitz D, Christophers E, Weichenthal M
- Issue date: 2006 Mar