Eitilfrumuæxli í briskirtli sem orsök stíflugulu : sjúkratilfelli
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesPrimary pancreatic lymphoma causing obstructive jaundice in a 71 year old man. A case report and review of the literature
CitationLæknablaðið 2002, 88(3):189-92
AbstractPrimary lymphoma of the pancreas is a very rare disease. They are difficult to diagnose and have good prognosis, due to their sensitivity to chemotherapy and radiation. As compared to the more common pancreatic adenocarcinomas which usually have bad prognosis. Histological diagnosis relies on good biopsy. We report a case of primary pancreatic non-Hodgkin s lymphoma diagnosed in a 71 year old icteric man. Chemotherapy and radiation therapy was started after relieving the jaundice with a PTC-introduced stent through the pancreatic part of the choledochus. This is the first reported case of pancreatic lymphoma in Iceland.
Eitilfrumukrabbamein (lymphoma) upprunnið í briskirtli er afar sjaldgæft krabbamein. Líkt og kirtilkrabbamein í briskirtilhöfði getur það orsakað stíflugulu og kviðverki. Horfur eitilfrumuæxlanna eru hins vegar miklu betri þar sem þau svara yfirleitt vel meðferð með frumudrepandi lyfjum og geislun. Lýst er fyrsta tilfellinu sem greinst hefur hér á landi. Tilfellið sýnir hversu mikilvægt er að fá gott vefsýni fyrir rétta greiningu.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open
- Pancreatic Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, a rare cause for obstructive jaundice. A Case reports.
- Authors: B P, K I, A A J, S G
- Issue date: 2021 Jan
- A role for surgery in primary pancreatic B-cell lymphoma: a case report.
- Authors: Liakakos T, Misiakos EP, Tsapralis D, Nikolaou I, Karatzas G, Macheras A
- Issue date: 2008 May 19
- Obstructive jaundice as primary presentation of a stage IIE Non-Hodgkin lymphoma: A decision making process between advanced lymphoma and locally advanced/metastatic pancreatic adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Blouhos K, Boulas KA, Paraskeva A, Kariotis I, Barettas N, Hatzigeorgiadis A
- Issue date: 2018
- [An autopsy case of malignant lymphoma of the pancreas].
- Authors: Kaneko H, Matsunami T, Niwa Y, Tanimura H, Fujii S, Fujii K, Kaneshiro K, Nishiwaki A, Mori H
- Issue date: 1986 Mar
- [Multifocal extranodal non-Hodgkin lymphoma diagnosed by endoscopic ultrasound-guided fine-needle aspiration biopsy of pancreas head].
- Authors: Inoue T, Yoshida M, Oowashi K, Yoshida T
- Issue date: 2010 Feb