Kostnaðarhagkvæmnisgreining á bólusetningu gegn meningókokkum C á Íslandi
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
Other TitlesCost-effectiveness analysis on meningococcal serogroup C vaccination
AbstractMeningococci C are bacteria that can cause meningitis and severe bacteremia. In Iceland 8-15 cases of meningococcal disease can be expected annually. The case fatality ratio is approximately 10%. After the approval of the Icelandic government The State Epidemiologist started a vaccination campaign for all individuals from 6 months to 19 years of age in the country. The purpose of this investigation is to evaluate the cost effectiveness of the vaccination programme. The cost effectiveness is made from the viewpoint of the Icelandic state. The cost per year saved is used as a marker for success. The cost effectiveness analysis reveals that the cost per case avoided is 618.000 Icelandic kronas and the cost per life year saved is 101.000 Icelandic kronas. In comparison the cost per case avoided is 2.481.334 Icelandic kronas and the cost per life saved is 857.483 Icelandic kronas in England and Wales. We conclude that vaccination against meningococci C is very cost effective but lower cost in Iceland can mainly be explained by lower cost of distributing and administering the vaccine to the vaccinees in Iceland compared to England and Wales.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open
- Economics of an adolescent meningococcal conjugate vaccination catch-up campaign in the United States.
- Authors: Ortega-Sanchez IR, Meltzer MI, Shepard C, Zell E, Messonnier ML, Bilukha O, Zhang X, Stephens DS, Messonnier NE, Active Bacterial Core Surveillance Team.
- Issue date: 2008 Jan 1
- Cost-effectiveness of conjugate meningococcal vaccination strategies in the United States.
- Authors: Shepard CW, Ortega-Sanchez IR, Scott RD 2nd, Rosenstein NE, ABCs Team.
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Meningococcal serogroup A, C, W₁₃₅ and Y conjugated vaccine: a cost-effectiveness analysis in the Netherlands.
- Authors: Hepkema H, Pouwels KB, van der Ende A, Westra TA, Postma MJ
- Issue date: 2013
- Reassessing the cost-effectiveness of meningococcal serogroup C conjugate (MCC) vaccines using a transmission dynamic model.
- Authors: Trotter CL, Edmunds WJ
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb
- Cost-effectiveness of human papilloma virus vaccination in Iceland.
- Authors: Oddsson K, Johannsson J, Asgeirsdottir TL, Gudnason T
- Issue date: 2009