Characterization of a susceptibility locus for SLE, SLEB5, on chromosome 4p14-13.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationScand. J. Immunol. 2006, 64(3):308-13
AbstractSystemic lupus erythematosus is a systemic autoimmune disorder of unknown aetiology but is most likely caused by an interaction between several genetic factors and the environment. In a previously published genome scan we presented linkage to a marker on chromosome 4p13 in Icelandic families. Fine mapping of the region has been performed using 10 multicase families from Iceland and the maximum two-point LOD score was given by marker D4S2974 (Z = 3.57, alpha = 1). Multipoint analyses of the markers in the region suggest a putative disease gene to be located between markers D4S405 and D4S2381. The maximum multipoint LOD score (Z = 3.76) was given for marker D4S2974 in combination with the novel repeat GT4C2. A family-specific haplotype was segregating with the disease in each of eight families although a founder haplotype could not be identified. Analysis of recombination events in the patients delimited the susceptibility locus to approximately 3 cM. The susceptibility locus identified probably contains a mutation that has been enriched in the Icelandic population but is less common in other populations. We also show that this region is not identical to a susceptibility locus for SLE located on 4p16 where we detect no linkage.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Fine mapping of the SLEB2 locus involved in susceptibility to systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Magnusson V, Lindqvist AK, Castillejo-López C, Kristjánsdottir H, Steinsson K, Gröndal G, Sturfelt G, Truedsson L, Svenungsson E, Lundberg I, Gunnarsson I, Bolstad AI, Haga HJ, Jonsson R, Klareskog L, Alcocer-Varela J, Alarcón-Segovia D, Terwilliger JD, Gyllensten UB, Alarcón-Riquelme ME
- Issue date: 2000 Dec 15
- Suggestive linkage of familial primary cutaneous amyloidosis to a locus on chromosome 1q23.
- Authors: Lin MW, Lee DD, Lin CH, Huang CY, Wong CK, Chang YT, Liu HN, Hsiao KJ, Tsai SF
- Issue date: 2005 Jan
- SLEB3 in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) is strongly related to SLE families ascertained through neuropsychiatric manifestations.
- Authors: Nath SK, Kelly JA, Reid J, Lam T, Gray-McGuire C, Namjou B, Aston CE, Harley JB
- Issue date: 2002 Jul
- A susceptibility locus for human systemic lupus erythematosus (hSLE1) on chromosome 2q.
- Authors: Lindqvist AK, Steinsson K, Johanneson B, Kristjánsdóttir H, Arnasson A, Gröndal G, Jonasson I, Magnusson V, Sturfelt G, Truedsson L, Svenungsson E, Lundberg I, Terwilliger JD, Gyllensten UB, Alarcón-Riquelme ME
- Issue date: 2000 Mar
- Localization of a susceptibility locus for hepatocellular carcinoma to chromosome 4q in a hepatitis B hyperendemic area.
- Authors: Shih WL, Yu MW, Chen PJ, Yeh SH, Lo MT, Chang HC, Liaw YF, Lin SM, Liu CJ, Lee SD, Lin CL, Hsiao CK, Yang SY, Chen CJ
- Issue date: 2006 May 25