In vitro cellular drug resistance adds prognostic information to other known risk-factors in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Jonsson, Olafur Gisli
Madsen, Hans O
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLeuk. Res. 2011, 35(4):472-8
AbstractLeukemic cells from 230 children with newly diagnosed B-cell precursor ALL were tested for in vitro drug resistance to a panel of anti-cancer drugs. Minimal residual disease (MRD) was measured by RQ-PCR. During follow-up, 24 relapses occurred in the 159 children with MRD <0.1% day 29. The risk of any relapse was correlated to vincristine and doxorubicin resistance, with a relative risk of 3.7 (95% CI 1.3-10.5; p=0.016) for patients resistant to both drugs. There was a significant correlation also for the subgroup with extra-medullary relapses. Our findings indicate that analysis of drug resistance can add prognostic information to other known risk-factors including MRD.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field.
RightsArchived with thanks to Leukemia research
- In vitro drug sensitivity testing can predict induction failure and early relapse of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Hongo T, Yajima S, Sakurai M, Horikoshi Y, Hanada R
- Issue date: 1997 Apr 15
- In vitro cellular drug sensitivity at diagnosis is correlated to minimal residual disease at end of induction therapy in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Lönnerholm G, Thörn I, Sundström C, Frost BM, Abrahamsson J, Behrendtz M, Heldrup J, Jacobsson S, Li A, Olofsson T, Porwit A, Söderhäll S, Larsson R, Forestier E
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- In vitro cellular drug resistance and prognosis in newly diagnosed childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Kaspers GJ, Veerman AJ, Pieters R, Van Zantwijk CH, Smets LA, Van Wering ER, Van Der Does-Van Den Berg A
- Issue date: 1997 Oct 1
- Biological characteristics and prognostic value of in vitro three-drug resistance to prednisolone, L-asparaginase, and vincristine in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Hongo T, Yamada S, Yajima S, Watanabe C, Fujii Y, Kawasaki H, Yazaki M, Hanada R, Horikoshi Y
- Issue date: 1999 Dec
- Patient stratification based on prednisolone-vincristine-asparaginase resistance profiles in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Den Boer ML, Harms DO, Pieters R, Kazemier KM, Gobel U, Körholz D, Graubner U, Haas RJ, Jorch N, Spaar HJ, Kaspers GJ, Kamps WA, Van der Does-Van den Berg A, Van Wering ER, Veerman AJ, Janka-Schaub GE
- Issue date: 2003 Sep 1