Treatment-related deaths in second complete remission in childhood acute myeloid leukaemia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Jónmundsson, Guðmundur K
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr. J. Haematol. 2011, 152(5):623-30
AbstractThe frequency and causes of treatment-related deaths (TRD) in second complete remission (CR2) in acute myeloid leukaemia (AML) were investigated in a historical, prospective cohort study of 429 children included in the Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (NOPHO)-AML-88 and -93 trials. Relapse occurred in 158 children (39%). Seventeen (18%) of the 96 patients entering CR2 suffered TRD. The main causes were infection (59%) and complications from graft-versus-host disease (22%). Fourteen (82%) of 17 TRDs occurred in children undergoing haematopoietic stem cell transplantations (HSCT). Optimal supportive care after HSCT is essential, and studies on risk factors for TRD are needed.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field.
RightsArchived with thanks to British journal of haematology
- Early and treatment-related deaths in childhood acute myeloid leukaemia in the Nordic countries: 1984-2003.
- Authors: Molgaard-Hansen L, Möttönen M, Glosli H, Jónmundsson GK, Abrahamsson J, Hasle H, Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (NOPHO).
- Issue date: 2010 Dec
- Treatment-related death in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in the Nordic countries: 1992-2001.
- Authors: Christensen MS, Heyman M, Möttönen M, Zeller B, Jonmundsson G, Hasle H, Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (NOPHO).
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- [Analysis of causes of death during intensive chemotherapy according to treatment protocol AML-BFM 93].
- Authors: Creutzig U, Zimmermann M, Reinhardt D, Lehrnbecher T
- Issue date: 2003 May-Jun
- Pathways through relapses and deaths of children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: role of allogeneic stem-cell transplantation in Nordic data.
- Authors: Saarinen-Pihkala UM, Heilmann C, Winiarski J, Glomstein A, Abrahamsson J, Arvidson J, Békássy AN, Forestier E, Jonmundsson G, Schroeder H, Vettenranta K, Wesenberg F, Gustafsson G
- Issue date: 2006 Dec 20
- [Allogenic transplantation of hematopoietic stem cells in the treatment of children with high-risk acute leukemia].
- Authors: Starý J, Kobylka P, Sedlácek P, Komrska V, Vávra V, Syrůcková Z, Smísek P, Hrubá A, Korínková P, Matĕjková E, Cukrová V, Dolezalová L, Loudová M, Sejkorová J, Kvĕch J
- Issue date: 1998 Jun 15