Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Fortin, P R
St Pierre, Y
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAnn. Rheum. Dis. 2005, 64(10):1507-9
AbstractBACKGROUND: Recent evidence supports an association between systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL). OBJECTIVES: To describe demographic factors, subtypes, and survival of patients with SLE who develop NHL. METHODS: A multi-site cohort of 9547 subjects with definite SLE was assembled. Subjects at each centre were linked to regional tumour registries to determine cancer cases occurring after SLE diagnosis. For the NHL cases ascertained, descriptive statistics were calculated, and NHL subtype frequency and median survival time of patients determined. RESULTS: 42 cases of NHL occurred in the patients with SLE during the 76,948 patient-years of observation. The median age of patients at NHL diagnosis was 57 years. Thirty six (86%) of the 42 patients developing NHL were women, reflecting the female predominance of the cohort. In the patients, aggressive histological subtypes appeared to predominate, with the most commonly identified NHL subtype being diffuse large B cell (11 out of 21 cases for which histological subtype was available). Twenty two of the patients had died a median of 1.2 years after lymphoma diagnosis. CONCLUSIONS: These data suggest aggressive disease in patients with SLE who develop NHL. Continuing work should provide further insight into the patterns of presentation, prognosis, and aetiology of NHL in SLE.
DescriptionTo access publisher version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Link field
To access full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink "Full Text" at the bottom of this page
- A closer look at non-Hodgkin's lymphoma cases in a national Swedish systemic lupus erythematosus cohort: a nested case-control study.
- Authors: Löfström B, Backlin C, Sundström C, Ekbom A, Lundberg IE
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- Characteristics of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma (NHL).
- Authors: King JK, Costenbader KH
- Issue date: 2007 Sep
- Hodgkin's lymphoma in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Bernatsky S, Ramsey-Goldman R, Isenberg D, Rahman A, Dooley MA, Sibley J, Boivin JF, Joseph L, Armitage J, Zoma A, Clarke A
- Issue date: 2007 May
- Bidirectional relationship between systemic lupus erythematosus and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: a nationwide population-based study.
- Authors: Wang LH, Wang WM, Lin SH, Shieh CC
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 1
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Papadaki HA, Xylouri I, Katrinakis G, Foudoulakis A, Kritikos HD, Stathopoulos EN, Boumpas DT, Eliopoulos GD
- Issue date: 2003 Feb