Genetics of psoriasis in Iceland: evidence for linkage of subphenotypes to distinct Loci
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Gudjonsson, Johann E
Jonsson, Hjortur H
Hauksson, Valdimar B
Runarsdottir, E Hjaltey
Gulcher, Jeffrey R
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ. Invest. Dermatol. 2005, 124(6):1177-85
AbstractPsoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin disease with overlapping subphenotypes. It has a strong complex genetic component, but has been problematic to identifying significant loci. We evaluated 1000 patients with chronic plaque psoriasis and documented several subphenotypes. Here we report results of genome-wide linkage scans for psoriasis genes in 238 Icelandic families with 874 patients. MHC linkage was confirmed with LOD score of 10.9. When the entire cohort was analyzed, two other loci with LOD scores of 2.5 and 1.5 were observed on 16q and 4q, respectively. Stratification into subphenotypes revealed additional loci with LOD scores exceeding or approaching significance. A LOD score of 5.7 appeared on 16q in PsA patients with analysis conditioned on parental inheritance. A LOD score of 3.6 on 4q was detected when disease occurred at or older than 17 y, our median cohort age. This locus was defined by a marker near one reportedly displaying significant linkage in a Chinese psoriasis population and near suggestive linkage in a Caucasian population. A LOD of 3.0 was observed on 10q when disease onset occurred in the scalp. Furthermore, clinical stratification either revealed or increased LOD scores when compared to unstratified analysis and some coincided with previous reports.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Genetics of psoriasis: paternal inheritance and a locus on chromosome 6p.
- Authors: Burden AD, Javed S, Bailey M, Hodgins M, Connor M, Tillman D
- Issue date: 1998 Jun
- Evidence for a major psoriasis susceptibility locus at 6p21(PSORS1) and a novel candidate region at 4q31 by genome-wide scan in Chinese hans.
- Authors: Zhang XJ, He PP, Wang ZX, Zhang J, Li YB, Wang HY, Wei SC, Chen SY, Xu SJ, Jin L, Yang S, Huang W
- Issue date: 2002 Dec
- A susceptibility gene for psoriatic arthritis maps to chromosome 16q: evidence for imprinting.
- Authors: Karason A, Gudjonsson JE, Upmanyu R, Antonsdottir AA, Hauksson VB, Runasdottir EH, Jonsson HH, Gudbjartsson DF, Frigge ML, Kong A, Stefansson K, Valdimarsson H, Gulcher JR
- Issue date: 2003 Jan
- Evidence for a novel psoriasis susceptibility locus at 9q33-9q34 in Chinese Hans.
- Authors: Sun LD, Li W, Yang S, Fan X, Yan KL, Liang YH, Gao M, Cui Y, Xiao FL, Du WH, Zhang KY, Huang W, Liu JJ, Zhang XJ
- Issue date: 2007 May
- The International Psoriasis Genetics Study: assessing linkage to 14 candidate susceptibility loci in a cohort of 942 affected sib pairs.
- Authors: International Psoriasis Genetics Consortium.
- Issue date: 2003 Aug