Proposal of a service delivery integration index of home care for older persons: application in several European cities.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Sørbye, Liv Wergeland
Jónsson, Palmi V
MetadataShow full item record
CitationInt J Integr Care. 2006, 6:e11
AbstractPURPOSE: To propose an integration index of home care delivery to older persons, to study its validity and to apply it to home care services of European cities. THEORY: Home care delivery integration was based on two dimensions referring to process-centred integration and organisational structure approach. METHOD: Items considered as part of both dimensions according to an expert consensus (face validity) were extracted from a standardised questionnaire used in "Aged in Home care" (AdHoc) study to capture basic characteristics of home care services. Their summation leads to a services' delivery integration index. This index was applied to AdHoc services. A factor analysis was computed in order to empirically test the validity of the theoretical constructs. The plot of the settings was performed. RESULTS: Application of the index ranks home care services in four groups according to their score. Factor analysis identifies a first factor which opposes working arrangement within service to organisational structure bringing together provisions for social care. A second factor corresponds to basic nursing care and therapies. Internal consistency for those three domains ranges from 0.78 to 0.93. When plotting the different settings different models of service delivery appear. CONCLUSION: The proposed index shows that behind a total score several models of care delivery are hidden. Comparison of service delivery integration should take into account this heterogeneity.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- [French validation of the Verona Service Satisfaction Scale-VSSS-54F].
- Authors: Corbière M, Lesage A, Lauzon S, Ricard N, Reinharz D
- Issue date: 2003 Mar-Apr
- How has the impact of 'care pathway technologies' on service integration in stroke care been measured and what is the strength of the evidence to support their effectiveness in this respect?
- Authors: Allen D, Rixson L
- Issue date: 2008 Mar
- Integrated working between residential care homes and primary care: a survey of care homes in England.
- Authors: Gage H, Dickinson A, Victor C, Williams P, Cheynel J, Davies SL, Iliffe S, Froggatt K, Martin W, Goodman C
- Issue date: 2012 Nov 14
- Care home versus hospital and own home environments for rehabilitation of older people.
- Authors: Ward D, Severs M, Dean T, Brooks N
- Issue date: 2003