Survival in monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and Waldenström macroglobulinemia.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 2013, 13(2):187-90
AbstractMonoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) of IgM type is the strongest risk factor for the development of Waldenström macroglobulinemia (WM). The clinical management of WM has changed considerably over recent years, which is reflected in the use of new therapeutic agents (eg, purine analogues, monoclonal antibodies, and thalidomide- and bortezomib-based therapies), risk-and-response-adjusted stratification of treatments, and improvement in supportive care measures. However, because of the rarity of WM, there are few phase III randomized clinical studies to guide therapy and evaluate overall survival. In this review, we discuss the current knowledge on prognosis, survival patterns, and causes of death in individuals with MGUS. In addition, we discuss clinical studies as well as recent population-based studies on WM, with a focus on treatment, prognostic factors, and survival. Finally, new agents and future perspectives in these disorders are reviewed.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field.
RightsArchived with thanks to Clinical lymphoma, myeloma & leukemia
- Immunoglobulin m monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and smoldering Waldenström macroglobulinemia.
- Authors: Kyle RA, Therneau TM, Dispenzieri A, Kumar S, Benson JT, Larson DR, Melton LJ 3rd, Rajkumar SV
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Prevalence and prognosis implication of MYD88 L265P mutation in IgM monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance and smouldering Waldenström macroglobulinaemia.
- Authors: Correa JG, Cibeira MT, Tovar N, Isola I, Pedrosa F, Díaz T, Lozano E, Magnano L, Rosiñol L, Bladé J, Fernández de Larrea C
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- IgM monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance (MGUS) and smoldering Waldenström's macroglobulinemia (SWM).
- Authors: Kyle RA, Dispenzieri A, Kumar S, Larson D, Therneau T, Rajkumar SV
- Issue date: 2011 Feb
- Clues to pathogenesis of Waldenström macroglobulinemia and immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance provided by analysis of immunoglobulin heavy chain gene rearrangement and clustering of B-cell receptors.
- Authors: Varettoni M, Zibellini S, Capello D, Arcaini L, Rossi D, Pascutto C, Rattotti S, Mangiacavalli S, Pochintesta L, Gotti M, Gaidano G, Cazzola M
- Issue date: 2013 Nov
- Immunoglobulin M monoclonal gammopathies of undetermined significance and indolent Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemia recognize the same determinants of evolution into symptomatic lymphoid disorders: proposal for a common prognostic scoring system.
- Authors: Baldini L, Goldaniga M, Guffanti A, Broglia C, Cortelazzo S, Rossi A, Morra E, Colombi M, Callea V, Pogliani E, Ilariucci F, Luminari S, Morel P, Merlini G, Gobbi P
- Issue date: 2005 Jul 20