Incidence and prevalence of multiple system atrophy: a nationwide study in Iceland.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationJ. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 2013, 84 (2):136-40
AbstractMultiple system atrophy (MSA) is a neurodegenerative disorder characterised by autonomic dysfunction with parkinsonism (MSAp) or cerebellar (MSAc) symptoms. At autopsy, α-synuclein inclusions in glial cells of the brain are needed to confirm a definite diagnosis. We determined the 10 year incidence of MSA, point prevalence and survival in a well defined population with a high number of neurologists.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field.
RightsArchived with thanks to Journal of neurology, neurosurgery, and psychiatry
- Natural history of multiple system atrophy in the USA: a prospective cohort study.
- Authors: Low PA, Reich SG, Jankovic J, Shults CW, Stern MB, Novak P, Tanner CM, Gilman S, Marshall FJ, Wooten F, Racette B, Chelimsky T, Singer W, Sletten DM, Sandroni P, Mandrekar J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Autopsy confirmed multiple system atrophy cases: Mayo experience and role of autonomic function tests.
- Authors: Iodice V, Lipp A, Ahlskog JE, Sandroni P, Fealey RD, Parisi JE, Matsumoto JY, Benarroch EE, Kimpinski K, Singer W, Gehrking TL, Gehrking JA, Sletten DM, Schmeichel AM, Bower JH, Gilman S, Figueroa J, Low PA
- Issue date: 2012 Apr
- Second consensus statement on the diagnosis of multiple system atrophy.
- Authors: Gilman S, Wenning GK, Low PA, Brooks DJ, Mathias CJ, Trojanowski JQ, Wood NW, Colosimo C, Dürr A, Fowler CJ, Kaufmann H, Klockgether T, Lees A, Poewe W, Quinn N, Revesz T, Robertson D, Sandroni P, Seppi K, Vidailhet M
- Issue date: 2008 Aug 26
- Evolution of sporadic olivopontocerebellar atrophy into multiple system atrophy.
- Authors: Gilman S, Little R, Johanns J, Heumann M, Kluin KJ, Junck L, Koeppe RA, An H
- Issue date: 2000 Aug 22
- The natural history of multiple system atrophy: a prospective European cohort study.
- Authors: Wenning GK, Geser F, Krismer F, Seppi K, Duerr S, Boesch S, Köllensperger M, Goebel G, Pfeiffer KP, Barone P, Pellecchia MT, Quinn NP, Koukouni V, Fowler CJ, Schrag A, Mathias CJ, Giladi N, Gurevich T, Dupont E, Ostergaard K, Nilsson CF, Widner H, Oertel W, Eggert KM, Albanese A, del Sorbo F, Tolosa E, Cardozo A, Deuschl G, Hellriegel H, Klockgether T, Dodel R, Sampaio C, Coelho M, Djaldetti R, Melamed E, Gasser T, Kamm C, Meco G, Colosimo C, Rascol O, Meissner WG, Tison F, Poewe W, European Multiple System Atrophy Study Group.
- Issue date: 2013 Mar