Two newly identified genetic determinants of pigmentation in Europeans.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Gudbjartsson, Daniel F
Stacey, Simon N
Gudjonsson, Sigurjon A
Benediktsdottir, Kristrun R
Aben, Katja K
Vermeulen, Sita H
Goldstein, Alisa M
Tucker, Margaret A
Kiemeney, Lambertus A
Olafsson, Jon H
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNat. Genet. 2008, 40(7):835-7
AbstractWe present results from a genome-wide association study for variants associated with human pigmentation characteristics among 5,130 Icelanders, with follow-up analyses in 2,116 Icelanders and 1,214 Dutch individuals. Two coding variants in TPCN2 are associated with hair color, and a variant at the ASIP locus shows strong association with skin sensitivity to sun, freckling and red hair, phenotypic characteristics similar to those affected by well-known mutations in MC1R.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Genetic determinants of hair, eye and skin pigmentation in Europeans.
- Authors: Sulem P, Gudbjartsson DF, Stacey SN, Helgason A, Rafnar T, Magnusson KP, Manolescu A, Karason A, Palsson A, Thorleifsson G, Jakobsdottir M, Steinberg S, Pálsson S, Jonasson F, Sigurgeirsson B, Thorisdottir K, Ragnarsson R, Benediktsdottir KR, Aben KK, Kiemeney LA, Olafsson JH, Gulcher J, Kong A, Thorsteinsdottir U, Stefansson K
- Issue date: 2007 Dec
- ASIP and TYR pigmentation variants associate with cutaneous melanoma and basal cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Gudbjartsson DF, Sulem P, Stacey SN, Goldstein AM, Rafnar T, Sigurgeirsson B, Benediktsdottir KR, Thorisdottir K, Ragnarsson R, Sveinsdottir SG, Magnusson V, Lindblom A, Kostulas K, Botella-Estrada R, Soriano V, Juberías P, Grasa M, Saez B, Andres R, Scherer D, Rudnai P, Gurzau E, Koppova K, Kiemeney LA, Jakobsdottir M, Steinberg S, Helgason A, Gretarsdottir S, Tucker MA, Mayordomo JI, Nagore E, Kumar R, Hansson J, Olafsson JH, Gulcher J, Kong A, Thorsteinsdottir U, Stefansson K
- Issue date: 2008 Jul
- SLC24A5 and ASIP as phenotypic predictors in Brazilian population for forensic purposes.
- Authors: Lima FA, Gonçalves FT, Fridman C
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Genotype versus phenotype: human pigmentation.
- Authors: Tully G
- Issue date: 2007 Jun
- The contribution of melanocortin 1 receptor gene polymorphisms and the agouti signalling protein gene 8818A>G polymorphism to cutaneous melanoma and basal cell carcinoma in a Polish population.
- Authors: Brudnik U, Branicki W, Wojas-Pelc A, Kanas P
- Issue date: 2009 Feb