Lymphoid tumours of the ocular adnexa: a morphologic and genotypic study of 15 cases
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Barkardottir, Rosa Bjork
Agnarsson, Bjarni A
MetadataShow full item record
CitationActa Ophthalmol Scand. 2003, 81(3):299-303
AbstractPURPOSE: To examine all lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa diagnosed in Iceland during 1983-2000 and to determine whether polymerase chain reaction (PCR) methods to determine clonality are helpful in characterizing these lesions. METHODS: All patients diagnosed with lymphoproliferative lesions in the ocular adnexa in the years 1983-2000 were included in the study. Polymerase chain reaction studies for clonality were performed on these lesions. RESULTS: Fifteen cases were identified. Seven were classified as inflammatory pseudotumour, one as lymphoid hyperplasia, four as atypical lymphoid hyperplasia and three as lymphoma. Of 12 cases examined by PCR, three were monoclonal for B-cells (one lymphoma, one inflammatory pseudotumour and one atypical lymphoid hyperplasia) while the remaining lesions (including two lymphomas) appeared polyclonal. CONCLUSION: The results of this study suggest that analysis of clonality by PCR methods may be of limited use in classifying lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa as benign or malignant. These results underscore the importance of using several techniques when determining clonality.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Histopathologic findings and frequency of clonality detected by the polymerase chain reaction in ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative lesions.
- Authors: White VA, Gascoyne RD, McNeil BK, Chang WY, Brewer LV, Rootman J
- Issue date: 1996 Nov
- Lymphoproliferative lesions of the ocular adnexa. Analysis of 112 cases.
- Authors: Coupland SE, Krause L, Delecluse HJ, Anagnostopoulos I, Foss HD, Hummel M, Bornfeld N, Lee WR, Stein H
- Issue date: 1998 Aug
- Immunohistochemical and immunogenetic analyses of ocular adnexal lymphoid proliferation.
- Authors: Kubota T, Yatabe Y, Awaya S, Asai J, Mori N
- Issue date: 2000 Jul-Aug
- [Study on differential diagnosis between MALT-type lymphoma and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia of the ocular adnexa].
- Authors: Xu Q, Xiao LH, He YJ, Li M, Li N, Gao ZF
- Issue date: 2004 Dec
- Extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphomas of the ocular adnexa: multiparameter analysis of 34 cases including interphase molecular cytogenetics and PCR for Chlamydia psittaci.
- Authors: Ruiz A, Reischl U, Swerdlow SH, Hartke M, Streubel B, Procop G, Tubbs RR, Cook JR
- Issue date: 2007 May