An Icelandic version of the Kiddie-SADS-PL: translation, cross-cultural adaptation and inter-rater reliability
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNord J Psychiatry. 2008, 62(5):379-85
AbstractThe development of structured diagnostic instruments has been an important step for research in child and adolescent psychiatry, but the adequacy of a diagnostic instrument in a given culture does not guarantee its reliability or validity in another population. The objective of the study was to describe the process of cross-cultural adaptation into Icelandic of the Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children-Present and Lifetime Version (Kiddie-SADS-PL) and to test the inter-rater reliability of the adapted version. To attain cross-cultural equivalency, five important dimensions were addressed: semantic, technical, content, criterion and conceptual. The adapted Icelandic version was introduced into an inpatient clinical setting, and inter-rater reliability was estimated both at the symptom and diagnoses level, for the most frequent diagnostic categories in both international diagnostic classification systems (DSM-IV and ICD-10). The cross-cultural adaptation has provided an Icelandic version allowing similar understanding among different raters and has achieved acceptable cross-cultural equivalence. This initial study confirmed the quality of the translation and adaptation of Kiddie-SADS-PL and constitutes the first step of a larger validation study of the Icelandic version of the instrument.
DescriptionTo access publisher full text version of this article. Please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field
- Psychometric properties of the Farsi translation of the Kiddie Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Present and Lifetime Version.
- Authors: Ghanizadeh A, Mohammadi MR, Yazdanshenas A
- Issue date: 2006 Mar 15
- [Interrater reliability of the Spanish version of Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children--Present and Lifetime version (K-SADS-PL)].
- Authors: Ulloa RE, Ortiz S, Higuera F, Nogales I, Fresán A, Apiquian R, Cortés J, Arechavaleta B, Foulliux C, Martínez P, Hernández L, Domínguez E, de la Peña F
- Issue date: 2006 Jan-Feb
- Icelandic translation and reliability data on the DSM-5 version of the schedule for affective disorders and schizophrenia for school-aged children - present and lifetime version (K-SADS-PL).
- Authors: Þórðarson Ó, Ævarsson FM, Helgadóttir S, Lauth B, Wessman I, Sigurjónsdóttir SA, Smárason O, Harðardóttir HH, Skarphedinsson G
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Psychometric properties of the K-SADS-PL in an Israeli adolescent clinical population.
- Authors: Shanee N, Apter A, Weizman A
- Issue date: 1997
- The reliability and validity of Kiddie-Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Present and Lifetime Version- Korean version (K-SADS-PL-K).
- Authors: Kim YS, Cheon KA, Kim BN, Chang SA, Yoo HJ, Kim JW, Cho SC, Seo DH, Bae MO, So YK, Noh JS, Koh YJ, McBurnett K, Leventhal B
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 29