Electrocardiographic findings in systemic lupus erythematosus: data from an international inception cohort.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Urowitz, Murray B
Clarke, Ann E
Krantz, Mori J
Hanly, John G
Wallace, Daniel J
Gladman, Dafna D
Fortin, Paul R
Merrill, Joan T
Alarcón, Graciela S
Bruce, Ian N
Dooley, Mary Anne
Pineau, Christian A
MetadataShow full item record
CitationArthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 2015, 67 (1):128-35
AbstractTo estimate the early prevalence of various electrocardiographic (EKG) abnormalities in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) and to evaluate possible associations between repolarization changes (increased corrected QT [QTc] and QT dispersion [QTd]) and clinical and laboratory variables, including the anti-Ro/SSA level and specificity (52 or 60 kd).
We studied adult SLE patients from 19 centers participating in the Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics (SLICC) Inception Registry. Demographics, disease activity (Systemic Lupus Erythematosus Disease Activity Index 2000 [SLEDAI-2K]), disease damage (SLICC/American College of Rheumatology Damage Index [SDI]), and laboratory data from the baseline or first followup visit were assessed. Multivariate logistic and linear regression models were used to asses for any cross-sectional associations between anti-Ro/SSA and EKG repolarization abnormalities.
For the 779 patients included, mean ± SD age was 35.2 ± 13.8 years, 88.4% were women, and mean ± SD disease duration was 10.5 ± 14.5 months. Mean ± SD SLEDAI-2K score was 5.4 ± 5.6 and mean ± SD SDI score was 0.5 ± 1.0. EKG abnormalities were frequent and included nonspecific ST-T changes (30.9%), possible left ventricular hypertrophy (5.4%), and supraventricular arrhythmias (1.3%). A QTc ≥440 msec was found in 15.3%, while a QTc ≥460 msec was found in 5.3%. Mean ± SD QTd was 34.2 ± 14.7 msec and QTd ≥40 msec was frequent (38.1%). Neither the specificity nor the level of anti-Ro/SSA was associated with QTc duration or QTd, although confidence intervals were wide. Total SDI was significantly associated with a QTc interval exceeding 440 msec (odds ratio 1.38 [95% confidence interval 1.06, 1.79]).
A substantial proportion of patients with recent-onset SLE exhibited repolarization abnormalities, although severe abnormalities were rare.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Files. This article is open access.
- Prolonged corrected QT interval in anti-Ro/SSA-positive adults with systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Bourré-Tessier J, Clarke AE, Huynh T, Bernatsky S, Joseph L, Belisle P, Pineau CA
- Issue date: 2011 Jul
- Evolution of disease burden over five years in a multicenter inception systemic lupus erythematosus cohort.
- Authors: Urowitz MB, Gladman DD, Ibañez D, Fortin PR, Bae SC, Gordon C, Clarke A, Bernatsky S, Hanly JG, Isenberg D, Rahman A, Sanchez-Guerrero J, Wallace DJ, Ginzler E, Alarcón GS, Merrill JT, Bruce IN, Sturfelt G, Nived O, Steinsson K, Khamashta M, Petri M, Manzi S, Ramsey-Goldman R, Dooley MA, van Vollenhoven RF, Ramos M, Stoll T, Zoma A, Kalunian K, Aranow C
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- The effect of menopause on disease activity in systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Authors: Urowitz MB, Ibañez D, Jerome D, Gladman DD
- Issue date: 2006 Nov
- Osteopontin and Disease Activity in Patients with Recent-onset Systemic Lupus Erythematosus: Results from the SLICC Inception Cohort.
- Authors: Wirestam L, Enocsson H, Skogh T, Padyukov L, Jönsen A, Urowitz MB, Gladman DD, Romero-Diaz J, Bae SC, Fortin PR, Sanchez-Guerrero J, Clarke AE, Bernatsky S, Gordon C, Hanly JG, Wallace D, Isenberg DA, Rahman A, Merrill J, Ginzler E, Alarcón GS, Chatham WW, Petri M, Khamashta M, Aranow C, Mackay M, Dooley MA, Manzi S, Ramsey-Goldman R, Nived O, Steinsson K, Zoma A, Ruiz-Irastorza G, Lim S, Kalunian K, Inanc M, van Vollenhoven R, Ramos-Casals M, Kamen DL, Jacobsen S, Peschken C, Askanase A, Stoll T, Bruce IN, Wetterö J, Sjöwall C
- Issue date: 2019 May
- Headache in systemic lupus erythematosus: results from a prospective, international inception cohort study.
- Authors: Hanly JG, Urowitz MB, O'Keeffe AG, Gordon C, Bae SC, Sanchez-Guerrero J, Romero-Diaz J, Clarke AE, Bernatsky S, Wallace DJ, Ginzler EM, Isenberg DA, Rahman A, Merrill JT, Petri M, Fortin PR, Gladman DD, Fessler BJ, Alarcón GS, Bruce IN, Dooley MA, Steinsson K, Khamashta MA, Ramsey-Goldman R, Manzi S, Sturfelt GK, Nived O, Zoma AA, van Vollenhoven RF, Ramos-Casals M, Aranow C, Mackay M, Ruiz-Irastorza G, Kalunian KC, Lim SS, Inanc M, Kamen DL, Peschken CA, Jacobsen S, Theriault C, Thompson K, Farewell V
- Issue date: 2013 Nov