Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Gudjonsson, Sigurjon A
Sigurdsson, Gunnar Th
Magnusson, Olafur Th
Gudbjartsson, Daniel F
MetadataShow full item record
CitationNat. Genet. 2015, 47 (5):448-52
AbstractLoss-of-function mutations cause many mendelian diseases. Here we aimed to create a catalog of autosomal genes that are completely knocked out in humans by rare loss-of-function mutations. We sequenced the whole genomes of 2,636 Icelanders and imputed the sequence variants identified in this set into 101,584 additional chip-genotyped and phased Icelanders. We found a total of 6,795 autosomal loss-of-function SNPs and indels in 4,924 genes. Of the genotyped Icelanders, 7.7% are homozygotes or compound heterozygotes for loss-of-function mutations with a minor allele frequency (MAF) below 2% in 1,171 genes (complete knockouts). Genes that are highly expressed in the brain are less often completely knocked out than other genes. Homozygous loss-of-function offspring of two heterozygous parents occurred less frequently than expected (deficit of 136 per 10,000 transmissions for variants with MAF <2%, 95% confidence interval (CI) = 10-261).
RightsArchived with thanks to Nature genetics
- Comprehensive characterization of human genome variation by high coverage whole-genome sequencing of forty four Caucasians.
- Authors: Shen H, Li J, Zhang J, Xu C, Jiang Y, Wu Z, Zhao F, Liao L, Chen J, Lin Y, Tian Q, Papasian CJ, Deng HW
- Issue date: 2013
- Sequence variants from whole genome sequencing a large group of Icelanders.
- Authors: Gudbjartsson DF, Sulem P, Helgason H, Gylfason A, Gudjonsson SA, Zink F, Oddson A, Magnusson G, Halldorsson BV, Hjartarson E, Sigurdsson GT, Kong A, Helgason A, Masson G, Magnusson OT, Thorsteinsdottir U, Stefansson K
- Issue date: 2015
- Rare mutations associating with serum creatinine and chronic kidney disease.
- Authors: Sveinbjornsson G, Mikaelsdottir E, Palsson R, Indridason OS, Holm H, Jonasdottir A, Helgason A, Sigurdsson S, Jonasdottir A, Sigurdsson A, Eyjolfsson GI, Sigurdardottir O, Magnusson OT, Kong A, Masson G, Sulem P, Olafsson I, Thorsteinsdottir U, Gudbjartsson DF, Stefansson K
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 20
- Complete genome sequencing and variant analysis of a Pakistani individual.
- Authors: Azim MK, Yang C, Yan Z, Choudhary MI, Khan A, Sun X, Li R, Asif H, Sharif S, Zhang Y
- Issue date: 2013 Sep
- The characterization of twenty sequenced human genomes.
- Authors: Pelak K, Shianna KV, Ge D, Maia JM, Zhu M, Smith JP, Cirulli ET, Fellay J, Dickson SP, Gumbs CE, Heinzen EL, Need AC, Ruzzo EK, Singh A, Campbell CR, Hong LK, Lornsen KA, McKenzie AM, Sobreira NL, Hoover-Fong JE, Milner JD, Ottman R, Haynes BF, Goedert JJ, Goldstein DB
- Issue date: 2010 Sep 9