Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSci Data 2015, 2:150017
AbstractExternal recordings of the electrohysterogram (EHG) can provide new knowledge on uterine electrical activity associated with contractions. Better understanding of the mechanisms underlying labor can contribute to preventing preterm birth which is the main cause of mortality and morbidity in newborns. Promising results using the EHG for labor prediction and other uses in obstetric care are the drivers of this work. This paper presents a database of 122 4-by-4 electrode EHG recordings performed on 45 pregnant women using a standardized recording protocol and a placement guide system. The recordings were performed in Iceland between 2008 and 2010. Of the 45 participants, 32 were measured repeatedly during the same pregnancy and participated in two to seven recordings. Recordings were performed in the third trimester (112 recordings) and during labor (10 recordings). The database includes simultaneously recorded tocographs, annotations of events and obstetric information on participants. The publication of this database enables independent and novel analysis of multi-electrode EHG by the researchers in the field and hopefully development towards new life-saving technology.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Files. This article is open access.
RightsArchived with thanks to Scientific data
- Automated electrohysterographic detection of uterine contractions for monitoring of pregnancy: feasibility and prospects.
- Authors: Muszynski C, Happillon T, Azudin K, Tylcz JB, Istrate D, Marque C
- Issue date: 2018 May 8
- Prediction of labor using non-invasive Laplacian EHG recordings.
- Authors: Ye-Lin Y, Prats-Boluda G, Alberola-Rubio J, Bueno Barrachina JM, Perales A, Garcia-Casado J
- Issue date: 2013
- Electrohysterography during pregnancy: preliminary report.
- Authors: Gondry J, Marque C, Duchene J, Cabrol D
- Issue date: 1993 Jul-Aug
- Non-invasive electrohysterogram recording using flexible concentric ring electrode.
- Authors: Ye-Lin Y, Alberola-Rubio J, Prats-Boluda G, Bueno Barrachina JM, Perales A, Valero J, Desantes D, Garcia-Casado J
- Issue date: 2014
- Recording of electrohysterogram laplacian potential.
- Authors: Alberola-Rubio J, Garcia-Casado J, Ye-Lin Y, Prats-Boluda G, Perales A
- Issue date: 2011