Cerebral sinus venous thromboses in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - a multicentre study from the Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Albertsen, Birgitte K
Jónsson, Ólafur G
Gretenkort Andersson, Nadine
Winther Gunnes, Maria
Saulyte Trakymiene, Sonata
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBr. J. Haematol. 2015, 168 (4):547-52
AbstractWe present a prospective multicentre cohort of 20 children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL) and cerebral sinus venous thrombosis (CSVT). The study covers a period of 5 years and comprises 1038 children treated according to the Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (NOPHO) ALL 2008 protocol. The cumulative incidence of CSVT was 2%. Sixteen of the thromboses were related to asparaginase and 16 to steroids. Most CSVTs occurred in the consolidation phase. Nearly all were treated with low molecular weight heparin without bleeding complications. Mortality related to CSVT directly or indirectly was 10%, emphasizing the importance of this complication.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page
RightsArchived with thanks to British journal of haematology
- Prospective study of thromboembolism in 1038 children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a Nordic Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (NOPHO) study.
- Authors: Tuckuviene R, Ranta S, Albertsen BK, Andersson NG, Bendtsen MD, Frisk T, Gunnes MW, Helgestad J, Heyman MM, Jonsson OG, Mäkipernaa A, Pruunsild K, Tedgård U, Trakymiene SS, Ruud E
- Issue date: 2016 Mar
- Cerebral sinus venous thrombosis during childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia therapy: Risk factors and management.
- Authors: Ghanem KM, Dhayni RM, Al-Aridi C, Tarek N, Tamim H, Chan AKC, Saab R, Abboud MR, El-Solh H, Muwakkit SA
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Cerebral sinovenous thrombosis in children and young adults with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia - a cohort study from the United Kingdom.
- Authors: Musgrave KM, van Delft FW, Avery PJ, Clack RM, Chalmers EA, Qureshi A, Vora AJ, Biss TT
- Issue date: 2017 Nov
- Comparison of low-molecular-weight heparin and antithrombin versus antithrombin alone for the prevention of symptomatic venous thromboembolism in children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Meister B, Kropshofer G, Klein-Franke A, Strasak AM, Hager J, Streif W
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Asparaginase-associated pancreatitis in children with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in the NOPHO ALL2008 protocol.
- Authors: Raja RA, Schmiegelow K, Albertsen BK, Prunsild K, Zeller B, Vaitkeviciene G, Abrahamsson J, Heyman M, Taskinen M, Harila-Saari A, Kanerva J, Frandsen TL, Nordic Society of Paediatric Haematology and Oncology (NOPHO) group.
- Issue date: 2014 Apr