Methodology manual for European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) clinical guidelines.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Head, Stuart J
Kappetein, A Pieter
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2015, 48 (6):809-16
AbstractThe goal of all clinical guidelines is to assist patients and practitioners in making healthcare decisions. However, clinical guidelines have been questioned about their quality, transparency and independence. Based on the revision of manuals by other scientific cardiothoracic organizations, this document provides instructions for the development of European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS) clinical guidelines and other types of evidence-based documents. Four key areas have been addressed: (i) selection of taskforce members and transparency of relations with the industry, (ii) methods for critical appraisal of medical evidence, (iii) rules for writing recommendations and (iv) review process. It is hoped that, by adopting this methodology, clinical guidelines produced by the EACTS will be well balanced, objective and, importantly, trusted by physicians and patients who benefit from their implementation.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page
RightsArchived with thanks to European journal of cardio-thoracic surgery : official journal of the European Association for Cardio-thoracic Surgery
- Joint ESC/EACTS guidelines on myocardial revascularization.
- Authors: Kolh P, Wijns W
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- The American Association for Thoracic Surgery Consensus Guidelines: Reasons and purpose.
- Authors: Svensson LG, Gillinov AM, Weisel RD, Keshavjee S, Bacha EA, Moon MR, Cameron DE, Sugarbaker DJ, Adams DH, Gaynor JW, Coselli JS, Del Nido PJ, Jones D, Sundt TM, Cohn LH, Pomar JL, Lytle BW, Schaff HV
- Issue date: 2016 Apr
- The present and future of thoracic surgery within the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS).
- Authors: Van Schil PE
- Issue date: 2013 Jan
- A survey of opinions and beliefs concerning surgery for malignant pleural mesothelioma amongst 802 members of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery (EACTS), the European Society of Thoracic Surgeons (ESTS) and the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Authors: Treasure T, Internullo E, Fiorentino F, Van Raemdonck D, Van Schil P, Decamp M, Wood D, Utley M
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- European guidelines on structure and qualification of general thoracic surgery.
- Authors: Brunelli A, Falcoz PE, D'Amico T, Hansen H, Lim E, Massard G, Rice TW, Rocco G, Thomas P, Van Raemdonck D, Congregado M, Decaluwe H, Grodzki T, Lerut T, Molnar T, Salati M, Scarci M, Van Schil P, Varela G, Venuta F, Melfi F, Gebitekin C, Kuzdzal J, Leschber G, Opitz I, Papagiannopoulos K, Patterson A, Ruffini E, Klepetko W, Toker A
- Issue date: 2014 May