Early Life Origins of Lung Ageing: Early Life Exposures and Lung Function Decline in Adulthood in Two European Cohorts Aged 28-73 Years.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Dharmage, Shyamali C
de Marco, Roberto
Real, Francisco Gómez
MetadataShow full item record
CitationPLoS ONE 2016, 11 (1):e0145127
AbstractEarly life factors predicted lung function decline decades later, suggesting that some mechanisms related lung ageing may be established early in life. Early life programming of susceptibility to adult insults could be a possible pathway that should be explored further.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Files. This article is open access.
RightsArchived with thanks to PloS one
- Relation between circulating CC16 concentrations, lung function, and development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease across the lifespan: a prospective study.
- Authors: Guerra S, Halonen M, Vasquez MM, Spangenberg A, Stern DA, Morgan WJ, Wright AL, Lavi I, Tarès L, Carsin AE, Dobaño C, Barreiro E, Zock JP, Martínez-Moratalla J, Urrutia I, Sunyer J, Keidel D, Imboden M, Probst-Hensch N, Hallberg J, Melén E, Wickman M, Bousquet J, Belgrave DC, Simpson A, Custovic A, Antó JM, Martinez FD
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Lung function in early adulthood and health in later life: a transgenerational cohort analysis.
- Authors: Agustí A, Noell G, Brugada J, Faner R
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Explaining the social patterning of lung function in adulthood at different ages: the roles of childhood precursors, health behaviours and environmental factors.
- Authors: Gray LA, Leyland AH, Benzeval M, Watt GC
- Issue date: 2013 Nov 1
- Exogenous female sex steroids may reduce lung ageing after menopause: A 20-year follow-up study of a general population sample (ECRHS).
- Authors: Triebner K, Accordini S, Calciano L, Johannessen A, Benediktsdóttir B, Bifulco E, Demoly P, Dharmage SC, Franklin KA, Garcia-Aymerich J, Gullón Blanco JA, Heinrich J, Holm M, Jarvis D, Jõgi R, Lindberg E, Martínez-Moratalla J, Muniozguren Agirre N, Pin I, Probst-Hensch N, Raherison C, Sánchez-Ramos JL, Schlünssen V, Svanes C, Hustad S, Leynaert B, Gómez Real F
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Early life origins of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Authors: Svanes C, Sunyer J, Plana E, Dharmage S, Heinrich J, Jarvis D, de Marco R, Norbäck D, Raherison C, Villani S, Wjst M, Svanes K, Antó JM
- Issue date: 2010 Jan