Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 2015 Treatment Recommendations for Psoriatic Arthritis.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsCoates, Laura C
Mease, Philip J
Soriano, Enrique R
Laura Acosta-Felquer, Maria
Armstrong, April W
Espinoza, Luis R
Gladman, Dafna D
Helliwell, Philip S
Husni, M Elaine
Love, Thorvardur J
Rosen, Cheryl F
Siegel, Evan L
Ritchlin, Christopher T
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGroup for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis 2015 Treatment Recommendations for Psoriatic Arthritis. 2016, 68 (5):1060-71notArthritis Rheumatol
AbstractTo update the 2009 Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA) treatment recommendations for the spectrum of manifestations affecting patients with psoriatic arthritis (PsA).
GRAPPA rheumatologists, dermatologists, and PsA patients drafted overarching principles for the management of PsA, based on consensus achieved at face-to-face meetings and via online surveys. We conducted literature reviews regarding treatment for the key domains of PsA (arthritis, spondylitis, enthesitis, dactylitis, skin disease, and nail disease) and convened a new group to identify pertinent comorbidities and their effect on treatment. Finally, we drafted treatment recommendations for each of the clinical manifestations and assessed the level of agreement for the overarching principles and treatment recommendations among GRAPPA members, using an online questionnaire.
Six overarching principles had ≥80% agreement among both health care professionals (n = 135) and patient research partners (n = 10). We developed treatment recommendations and a schema incorporating these principles for arthritis, spondylitis, enthesitis, dactylitis, skin disease, nail disease, and comorbidities in the setting of PsA, using the Grading of Recommendations, Assessment, Development and Evaluation process. Agreement of >80% was reached for approval of the individual recommendations and the overall schema.
We present overarching principles and updated treatment recommendations for the key manifestations of PsA, including related comorbidities, based on a literature review and consensus of GRAPPA members (rheumatologists, dermatologists, other health care providers, and patient research partners). Further updates are anticipated as the therapeutic landscape in PsA evolves.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page
RightsArchived with thanks to Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.)
- Treatment recommendations for psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Ritchlin CT, Kavanaugh A, Gladman DD, Mease PJ, Helliwell P, Boehncke WH, de Vlam K, Fiorentino D, Fitzgerald O, Gottlieb AB, McHugh NJ, Nash P, Qureshi AA, Soriano ER, Taylor WJ, Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA).
- Issue date: 2009 Sep
- Special Article: 2018 American College of Rheumatology/National Psoriasis Foundation Guideline for the Treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.
- Authors: Singh JA, Guyatt G, Ogdie A, Gladman DD, Deal C, Deodhar A, Dubreuil M, Dunham J, Husni ME, Kenny S, Kwan-Morley J, Lin J, Marchetta P, Mease PJ, Merola JF, Miner J, Ritchlin CT, Siaton B, Smith BJ, Van Voorhees AS, Jonsson AH, Shah AA, Sullivan N, Turgunbaev M, Coates LC, Gottlieb A, Magrey M, Nowell WB, Orbai AM, Reddy SM, Scher JU, Siegel E, Siegel M, Walsh JA, Turner AS, Reston J
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Management of psoriatic arthritis in 2016: a comparison of EULAR and GRAPPA recommendations.
- Authors: Gossec L, Coates LC, de Wit M, Kavanaugh A, Ramiro S, Mease PJ, Ritchlin CT, van der Heijde D, Smolen JS
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- Diagnosis and management of psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Balakrishnan C, Madnani N
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- [Therapy of psoriatic arthritis].
- Authors: Märker-Hermann E
- Issue date: 2013 Oct