The influence of obesity on response to tumour necrosis factor-α inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis: results from the DANBIO and ICEBIO registries.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Kristensen, Lars Erik
Love, Thorvardur Jon
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe influence of obesity on response to tumour necrosis factor-α inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis: results from the DANBIO and ICEBIO registries. 2016, 55 (12):2191-2199 Rheumatology (Oxford)
AbstractTo investigate the impact of obesity on response to the first TNF-α inhibitor (TNFI) treatment course in patients with PsA followed in routine care.
We performed an observational cohort study based on the Danish and Icelandic biologics registries. Kaplan-Meier plots, Cox and logistic regression analyses were performed to study the impact of obesity (BMI ⩾30 kg/m(2)) on TNFI adherence and response after 6 months (according to 20/50/70% improvement in ACR criteria and EULAR criteria). Subanalyses studied the impact of obesity according to gender, TNFI type and nationality.
Among 1943 PsA patients (193 Icelandic/1750 Danish) identified in the registries, 1271 (65%) had available BMI and 408 (32%) were obese. The median follow-up-time was 1.5 years [interquartile range (IQR) 0.5-3.9]. Obese patients had higher baseline disease activity, for example, 28-joint DAS [mean 4.6 (sd 1.2) vs 4.4 (1.2)]; CRP [median 9 mg/l (IQR 5-19) vs 7 (3-18)] and visual analogue scale-pain [66 mm (IQR 48-76) vs 60 (38-74)], compared with non-obese patients (all P < 0.05). TNFI adherence was shorter in obese patients, especially among men, where the median TNFI duration was 2.5 years (95% CI 1.7, 3.2) in obese vs 5.9 (4.1, 7.7) in non-obese patients (P < 0.01). A EULAR good or moderate (EGOM) response was achieved by 55% of obese vs 65% of non-obese patients after 6 months (P = 0.02). In multivariable analyses, obesity increased the risk of TNFI withdrawal [hazard ratio 1.6 (95% CI 1.3, 2.0)] and reduced odds for EGOM response [odds ratio 0.47 (95% CI 0.29, 0.72)]. The impact of obesity was significant across genders, TNFI types and nationality.
Obesity was associated with higher disease activity and seemed to diminish response and adherence to TNFIs in PsA.
DescriptionNeðst á síðunni er hægt að nálgast greinina í heild sinni með því að smella á hlekkinn View/Open To access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink at the bottom of the page
RightsArchived with thanks to Rheumatology (Oxford, England)
- Association between tobacco smoking and response to tumour necrosis factor α inhibitor treatment in psoriatic arthritis: results from the DANBIO registry.
- Authors: Højgaard P, Glintborg B, Hetland ML, Hansen TH, Lage-Hansen PR, Petersen MH, Holland-Fischer M, Nilsson C, Loft AG, Andersen BN, Adelsten T, Jensen J, Omerovic E, Christensen R, Tarp U, Østgård R, Dreyer L
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Cancer risk in patients with spondyloarthritis treated with TNF inhibitors: a collaborative study from the ARTIS and DANBIO registers.
- Authors: Hellgren K, Dreyer L, Arkema EV, Glintborg B, Jacobsson LT, Kristensen LE, Feltelius N, Hetland ML, Askling J, ARTIS Study Group, For the DANBIO Study Group.
- Issue date: 2017 Jan
- Clinical response, drug survival, and predictors thereof among 548 patients with psoriatic arthritis who switched tumor necrosis factor α inhibitor therapy: results from the Danish Nationwide DANBIO Registry.
- Authors: Glintborg B, Ostergaard M, Krogh NS, Andersen MD, Tarp U, Loft AG, Lindegaard HM, Holland-Fischer M, Nordin H, Jensen DV, Olsen CH, Hetland ML
- Issue date: 2013 May
- Impact of different infliximab dose regimens on treatment response and drug survival in 462 patients with psoriatic arthritis: results from the nationwide registries DANBIO and ICEBIO.
- Authors: Glintborg B, Gudbjornsson B, Krogh NS, Omerovic E, Manilo N, Holland-Fischer M, Lindegaard HM, Loft AG, Nordin H, Johnsen L, Oeftiger SF, Hansen A, Rasmussen C, Grondal G, Geirsson AJ, Hetland ML
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Impact of tobacco smoking on response to tumour necrosis factor-alpha inhibitor treatment in patients with ankylosing spondylitis: results from the Danish nationwide DANBIO registry.
- Authors: Glintborg B, Højgaard P, Lund Hetland M, Steen Krogh N, Kollerup G, Jensen J, Chrysidis S, Jensen Hansen IM, Holland-Fischer M, Højland Hansen T, Nilsson C, Espesen J, Nordin H, Rasmussen Loft AG, Pelck R, Lorenzen T, Flejsborg Oeftiger S, Unger B, Jaeger F, Mosborg Petersen P, Rasmussen C, Dreyer L
- Issue date: 2016 Apr