Implementing genetic education in primary care: the Gen-Equip programme.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Cornel, Martina C
MetadataShow full item record
CitationImplementing genetic education in primary care: the Gen-Equip programme. 2017, 8 (2):147-150 J Community Genet
AbstractGenetics and genomics are increasingly relevant to primary healthcare but training is unavailable to many practitioners. Education that can be accessed by practitioners without cost or travel is essential. The Gen-Equip project was formed to provide effective education in genetics for primary healthcare in Europe and so improve patient care. Partners include patient representatives and specialists in genetics and primary care from six countries. Here, we report the progress and challenges involved in creating a European online educational program in genetics.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Files
RightsArchived with thanks to Journal of community genetics
- The Gen-Equip Project: evaluation and impact of genetics e-learning resources for primary care in six European languages.
- Authors: Jackson L, O'Connor A, Paneque M, Curtisova V, Lunt PW, Pourova RK, Macek M Jr, Stefansdottir V, Turchetti D, Campos M, Henneman L, Godino L, Skirton H, Cornel MC
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Effect of comprehensive oncogenetics training interventions for general practitioners, evaluated at multiple performance levels.
- Authors: Houwink EJ, Muijtjens AM, van Teeffelen SR, Henneman L, Rethans JJ, Jacobi F, van der Jagt L, Stirbu I, van Luijk SJ, Stumpel CT, Meijers-Heijboer HE, van der Vleuten C, Cornel MC, Dinant GJ
- Issue date: 2015
- Genetic education and the challenge of genomic medicine: development of core competences to support preparation of health professionals in Europe.
- Authors: Skirton H, Lewis C, Kent A, Coviello DA, Members of Eurogentest Unit 6 and ESHG Education Committee.
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Assessing educational priorities in genetics for general practitioners and specialists in five countries: factor structure of the Genetic-Educational Priorities (Gen-EP) scale.
- Authors: Calefato JM, Nippert I, Harris HJ, Kristoffersson U, Schmidtke J, Ten Kate LP, Anionwu E, Benjamin C, Challen K, Plass AM, Harris R, Julian-Reynier C
- Issue date: 2008 Feb
- Use of quality circles for primary care providers in 24 European countries: an online survey of European Society for Quality and Safety in family practice delegates.
- Authors: Rohrbasser A, Kirk UB, Arvidsson E
- Issue date: 2019 Sep