Identification of sequence variants influencing immunoglobulin levels.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
de Lapuente Portilla, Aitzkoa Lopez
Bentlage, Arthur E H
Eyjolfsson, Gudmundur I
Gudjonsson, Sigurjon A
Halldorsson, Bjarni V
Ludviksson, Bjorn R
Gudbjartsson, Daniel F
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIdentification of sequence variants influencing immunoglobulin levels. 2017, 49 (8):1182-1191 Nat. Genet.
AbstractImmunoglobulins are the effector molecules of the adaptive humoral immune system. In a genome-wide association study of 19,219 individuals, we found 38 new variants and replicated 5 known variants associating with IgA, IgG or IgM levels or with composite immunoglobulin traits, accounted for by 32 loci. Variants at these loci also affect the risk of autoimmune diseases and blood malignancies and influence blood cell development. Notable associations include a rare variant at RUNX3 decreasing IgA levels by shifting isoform proportions (rs188468174[C>T]: P = 8.3 × 10(-55), β = -0.90 s.d.), a rare in-frame deletion in FCGR2B abolishing IgG binding to the encoded receptor (p.Asn106del: P = 4.2 × 10(-8), β = 1.03 s.d.), four IGH locus variants influencing class switching, and ten new associations with the HLA region. Our results provide new insight into the regulation of humoral immunity.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
RightsArchived with thanks to Nature genetics
- Human genetic variants and age are the strongest predictors of humoral immune responses to common pathogens and vaccines.
- Authors: Scepanovic P, Alanio C, Hammer C, Hodel F, Bergstedt J, Patin E, Thorball CW, Chaturvedi N, Charbit B, Abel L, Quintana-Murci L, Duffy D, Albert ML, Fellay J, Milieu Intérieur Consortium.
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 27
- Insights into the B cell specific process of immunoglobulin class switch recombination.
- Authors: Kracker S, Durandy A
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 30
- Antibody Isotype Switching in Vertebrates.
- Authors: Senger K, Hackney J, Payandeh J, Zarrin AA
- Issue date: 2015
- Induction and assessment of class switch recombination in purified murine B cells.
- Authors: Zaheen A, Martin A
- Issue date: 2010 Aug 13
- Genome-Wide Association Study on Immunoglobulin G Glycosylation Patterns.
- Authors: Wahl A, van den Akker E, Klaric L, Štambuk J, Benedetti E, Plomp R, Razdorov G, Trbojević-Akmačić I, Deelen J, van Heemst D, Slagboom PE, Vučković F, Grallert H, Krumsiek J, Strauch K, Peters A, Meitinger T, Hayward C, Wuhrer M, Beekman M, Lauc G, Gieger C
- Issue date: 2018