Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Hardarson, Sveinn Hakon
MetadataShow full item record
CitationHandheld Retinal Oximetry in Healthy Young Adults. 2018, 7(4):19 doi: 10.1167/tvst.7.4.19 Translational vision science & technology
AbstractThe objective of this study was to measure the relative retinal oxygen saturation with a prototype, mobile handheld oximeter in upright and supine position and to compare these measurements to the gold standard Oxymap T1 retinal oximeter in upright position. A handheld oximeter is needed for measurements of infants with retinopathy of prematurity as well as acutely injured and bedridden adults. Healthy volunteers (age 18-35) were recruited at the Leiden University Medical Center. Retinal images were acquired with the handheld oximeter and the Oxymap T1. Both cameras are dual-wavelength oximeters and acquire images with wavelengths of 570 and 600 nm. Retinal oxygen saturation values were determined for both the handheld camera and the Oxymap T1. Twenty-one subjects (age 25 ± 2 years) were included. In upright position, the oxygen saturation for the arterioles was 92.2% to 4.9% vs. 95.5% ± 4.2% and for the venules 57.9% ± 10.2% vs. 57.7% ± 6.4% for the handheld camera and Oxymap T1, respectively. The oxygen saturation was higher in the arterioles than the venules for both cameras ( Performance of the prototype, mobile handheld oximeter Corimap camera compares well with the Oxymap T1, with a slightly larger standard deviation in oxygen saturation measurements, both in upright and supine patients.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Files
- Retinal oximetry with a prototype handheld oximeter during hyperoxia.
- Authors: Vehmeijer WB, Jonkman K, Hardarson SH, Aarts L, Stefansson E, Dahan A, Schalij-Delfos NE
- Issue date: 2021 Mar 1
- Retinal oximetry.
- Authors: Hardarson SH
- Issue date: 2013 Mar
- Retinal oximetry and systemic arterial oxygen levels.
- Authors: Eliasdottir TS
- Issue date: 2018 Nov
- Method comparison of two non-invasive dual-wavelength spectrophotometric retinal oximeters in healthy young subjects during normoxia.
- Authors: Told R, Boltz A, Schmetterer L, Garhöfer G, Sacu S, Schmidt-Erfurth U, Pollreisz A
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Retinal oximetry measures systemic hypoxia in central nervous system vessels in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Authors: Eliasdottir TS, Bragason D, Hardarson SH, Vacchiano C, Gislason T, Kristjansdottir JV, Kristjansdottir G, Stefánsson E
- Issue date: 2017