Association between maternal gluten intake and type 1 diabetes in offspring: national prospective cohort study in Denmark.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsAntvorskov, Julie C
Halldorsson, Thorhallur I
Roep, Bart O
Olesen, Trine H
Olsen, Sjudur F
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAssociation between maternal gluten intake and type 1 diabetes in offspring: national prospective cohort study in Denmark. BMJ, 362:k3547 BMJ
AbstractTo examine the association between prenatal gluten exposure and offspring risk of type 1 diabetes in humans. National prospective cohort study. National health information registries in Denmark. Pregnant Danish women enrolled into the Danish National Birth Cohort, between January 1996 and October 2002, MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Maternal gluten intake, based on maternal consumption of gluten containing foods, was reported in a 360 item food frequency questionnaire at week 25 of pregnancy. Information on type 1 diabetes occurrence in the participants' children, from 1 January 1996 to 31 May 2016, were obtained through registry linkage to the Danish Registry of Childhood and Adolescent Diabetes.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Download
- Maternal and child gluten intake and association with type 1 diabetes: The Norwegian Mother and Child Cohort Study.
- Authors: Lund-Blix NA, Tapia G, Mårild K, Brantsaeter AL, Njølstad PR, Joner G, Skrivarhaug T, Størdal K, Stene LC
- Issue date: 2020 Mar
- Maternal protein intake in pregnancy and offspring metabolic health at age 9-16 y: results from a Danish cohort of gestational diabetes mellitus pregnancies and controls.
- Authors: Maslova E, Hansen S, Grunnet LG, Strøm M, Bjerregaard AA, Hjort L, Kampmann FB, Madsen CM, Baun Thuesen AC, Bech BH, Halldorsson TI, Vaag AA, Olsen SF
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Fish Intake in Pregnancy and Offspring Metabolic Parameters at Age 9⁻16-Does Gestational Diabetes Modify the Risk?
- Authors: Maslova E, Hansen S, Strøm M, Halldorsson TI, Grunnet LG, Vaag AA, Olsen SF
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 17
- Mother's dietary quality during pregnancy and offspring's dietary quality in adolescence: Follow-up from a national birth cohort study of 19,582 mother-offspring pairs.
- Authors: Bjerregaard AA, Halldorsson TI, Tetens I, Olsen SF
- Issue date: 2019 Sep
- Maternal diabetes during pregnancy and early onset of cardiovascular disease in offspring: population based cohort study with 40 years of follow-up.
- Authors: Yu Y, Arah OA, Liew Z, Cnattingius S, Olsen J, Sørensen HT, Qin G, Li J
- Issue date: 2019 Dec 4