Body mass index standard deviation score and obesity in children with type 1 diabetes in the Nordic countries. HbA and other predictors of increasing BMISDS.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsBirkebaek, N H
Drivvoll, A K
MetadataShow full item record
CitationBody mass index standard deviation score and obesity in children with type 1 diabetes in the Nordic countries. HbA(1c) and other predictors of increasing BMISDS. 2018, 19(7): 1198-1205 Pediatric diabetes
AbstractIntensified insulin therapy may increase body weight and cause obesity. This study compared body mass index standard deviation score (BMISDS) and obesity rate in children with type 1 diabetes (T1D) in Denmark, Iceland, Norway and Sweden, and uncovered predictors for increasing BMISDS. Data registered in the Nordic national childhood diabetes databases during the period 2008-2012 on children below 15 years with T1D for more than 3 months were compiled, including information on gender, age, diabetes duration, hemoglobin A Totally, 11 025 children (48% females) (30 994 registrations) were included. Medians by the last recorded examination were: age, 13.5 years; diabetes duration, 4.3 years; HbA Obesity rate in children with T1D in the Nordic countries is high, however, with country differences. Low HbA
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Incidence of severe hypoglycemia in children with type 1 diabetes in the Nordic countries in the period 2008-2012: association with hemoglobin A <sub>1c</sub> and treatment modality.
- Authors: Birkebaek NH, Drivvoll AK, Aakeson K, Bjarnason R, Johansen A, Samuelsson U, Skrivarhaug T, Thorsson AV, Svensson J
- Issue date: 2017
- Equal access to health care may diminish the differences in outcome between native and immigrant patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Authors: Fredheim S, Delli A, Rida H, Drivvoll AK, Skrivarhaug T, Bjarnason R, Thorsson A, Lindblad B, Svensson J
- Issue date: 2014 Nov
- Type 1 diabetes during adolescence: International comparison between Germany, Austria, and Sweden.
- Authors: Hanberger L, Samuelsson U, Holl RW, Fröhlich-Reiterer E, Åkesson K, Hofer S
- Issue date: 2018 May
- Childhood diabetes in the Nordic countries: a comparison of quality registries.
- Authors: Hanberger L, Birkebaek N, Bjarnason R, Drivvoll AK, Johansen A, Skrivarhaug T, Thorsson AV, Samuelsson U
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- The Australasian Diabetes Data Network: first national audit of children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes.
- Authors: Phelan H, Clapin H, Bruns L, Cameron FJ, Cotterill AM, Couper JJ, Davis EA, Donaghue KC, Jefferies CA, King BR, Sinnott RO, Tham EB, Wales JK, Jones TW, Craig ME
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 20