Identification of Lynch syndrome risk variants in the Romanian population.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsIordache, Paul D
Eggertsson, Hannes P
Csiki, Irma Eva
Sima, Sorin Cristian
Mates, Ioan Nicolae
Jonasson, Jon G
Le Roux, Louise
Halldorsson, Bjarni V
MetadataShow full item record
CitationIdentification of Lynch syndrome risk variants in the Romanian population. 2018, 22(12):6068-6076 J Cell Mol Med
AbstractTwo familial forms of colorectal cancer (CRC), Lynch syndrome (LS) and familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP), are caused by rare mutations in DNA mismatch repair genes (MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, PMS2) and the genes APC and MUTYH, respectively. No information is available on the presence of high-risk CRC mutations in the Romanian population. We performed whole-genome sequencing of 61 Romanian CRC cases with a family history of cancer and/or early onset of disease, focusing the analysis on candidate variants in the LS and FAP genes. The frequencies of all candidate variants were assessed in a cohort of 688 CRC cases and 4567 controls. Immunohistochemical (IHC) staining for MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, and PMS2 was performed on tumour tissue. We identified 11 candidate variants in 11 cases; six variants in MLH1, one in MSH6, one in PMS2, and three in APC. Combining information on the predicted impact of the variants on the proteins, IHC results and previous reports, we found three novel pathogenic variants (MLH1:p.Lys84ThrfsTer4, MLH1:p.Ala586CysfsTer7, PMS2:p.Arg211ThrfsTer38), and two novel variants that are unlikely to be pathogenic. Also, we confirmed three previously published pathogenic LS variants and suggest to reclassify a previously reported variant of uncertain significance to pathogenic (MLH1:c.1559-1G>C).
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Download
- Associations of Pathogenic Variants in MLH1, MSH2, and MSH6 With Risk of Colorectal Adenomas and Tumors and With Somatic Mutations in Patients With Lynch Syndrome.
- Authors: Engel C, Ahadova A, Seppälä TT, Aretz S, Bigirwamungu-Bargeman M, Bläker H, Bucksch K, Büttner R, de Vos Tot Nederveen Cappel WT, Endris V, Holinski-Feder E, Holzapfel S, Hüneburg R, Jacobs MAJM, Koornstra JJ, Langers AM, Lepistö A, Morak M, Möslein G, Peltomäki P, Pylvänäinen K, Rahner N, Renkonen-Sinisalo L, Schulmann K, Steinke-Lange V, Stenzinger A, Strassburg CP, van de Meeberg PC, van Kouwen M, van Leerdam M, Vangala DB, Vecht J, Verhulst ML, von Knebel Doeberitz M, Weitz J, Zachariae S, Loeffler M, Mecklin JP, Kloor M, Vasen HF, German HNPCC Consortium, the Dutch Lynch Syndrome Collaborative Group., Finnish Lynch Syndrome Registry.
- Issue date: 2020 Apr
- Universal screening for Lynch syndrome in endometrial cancers: frequency of germline mutations and identification of patients with Lynch-like syndrome.
- Authors: Dillon JL, Gonzalez JL, DeMars L, Bloch KJ, Tafe LJ
- Issue date: 2017 Dec
- Mismatch repair gene mutation spectrum in the Swedish Lynch syndrome population.
- Authors: Lagerstedt-Robinson K, Rohlin A, Aravidis C, Melin B, Nordling M, Stenmark-Askmalm M, Lindblom A, Nilbert M
- Issue date: 2016 Nov
- Lessons learnt from implementation of a Lynch syndrome screening program for patients with gynaecological malignancy.
- Authors: Najdawi F, Crook A, Maidens J, McEvoy C, Fellowes A, Pickett J, Ho M, Nevell D, McIlroy K, Sheen A, Sioson L, Ahadi M, Turchini J, Clarkson A, Hogg R, Valmadre S, Gard G, Dooley SJ, Scott RJ, Fox SB, Field M, Gill AJ
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Clinical and molecular detection of inherited colorectal cancers in northeast Italy: a first prospective study of incidence of Lynch syndrome and MUTYH-related colorectal cancer in Italy.
- Authors: Urso E, Agostini M, Pucciarelli S, Rugge M, Bertorelle R, Maretto I, Bedin C, D'Angelo E, Mescoli C, Zorzi M, Viel A, Bruttocao G, Ferraro B, Erroi F, Contin P, De Salvo GL, Nitti D
- Issue date: 2012 Jun