Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGolimumab in the treatment of psoriatic arthritis. 2018, 14(11):893-898 Expert Rev Clin Immunol
AbstractPsoriatic arthritis (PsA) is an inflammatory arthritis that can be aggressive and destructive, resulting in significant morbidity. While many new agents have been approved for the treatment of PsA over the past decade, TNF inhibitors (TNFi)remain an anchor treatment, in part based on extensive clinical experience. Recently, the TNFi golimumab was approved for intravenous use in PsA. Areas covered: This expert review presents an overview of the currently available treatment options for PsA with a focus on the evidence from clinical trials supporting the use of golimumab in PsA. This information is placed in context with recent advances in the understanding of PsA pathogenesis and treatment. Expert commentary: The rapid growth of treatment options available for PsA has brought the prospect of personalized treatment selection closer to reality but improved understanding of the domains of PsA and new biomarkers may be needed before such changes reach the clinic. Until patients who are most likely to benefit from a given agent can be identified and then treated accordingly, TNFi will likely remain a central option and their further development, such as the introduction of an intravenous form of golimumab, remains an important part of treatment improvement.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Mantravadi S, Ogdie A, Kraft WK
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- Current evidence in the field of the management with TNF-α inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis and concomitant hepatitis C virus infection.
- Authors: Caso F, Cantarini L, Morisco F, Del Puente A, Ramonda R, Fiocco U, Lubrano E, Peluso R, Caso P, Galeazzi M, Punzi L, Scarpa R, Costa L
- Issue date: 2015 May
- TNF alpha inhibitors in the treatment of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Tobin AM, Kirby B
- Issue date: 2005
- The persistence of golimumab compared to other tumour necrosis factor-α inhibitors in daily clinical practice for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and psoriatic arthritis: observations from the Slovenian nation-wide longitudinal registry of patients treated with biologic disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs-BioRx.si.
- Authors: Rotar Ž, Tomšič M, Praprotnik S, Slovenian Rheumatologists.
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- Soluble biomarkers associated with response to treatment with tumor necrosis factor inhibitors in psoriatic arthritis.
- Authors: Chandran V, Shen H, Pollock RA, Pellett FJ, Carty A, Cook RJ, Gladman DD
- Issue date: 2013 Jun