Uptake of tenofovir-based antiretroviral therapy among HIV-HBV-coinfected patients in the EuroSIDA study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
de Wit, Stephane
Ridolfo, Anna Lisa
MetadataShow full item record
CitationUptake of tenofovir-based antiretroviral therapy among HIV-HBV-coinfected patients in the EuroSIDA study. 2018, 23(5):405-413 Antivir Ther
AbstractAccording to guidelines all HIV-HBV-coinfected patients should receive tenofovir-based combination antiretroviral therapy (cART). We aimed to investigate uptake and outcomes of tenofovir-based cART among HIV-HBV patients in the EuroSIDA study. All hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg)+ patients followed up after 1 March 2002 were included. Changes in the proportion taking tenofovir-based cART over time were described. Poisson regression was used to investigate the relationship between tenofovir use and clinical events. 953 HIV-HBV patients were included. Median age was 41 years and patients were predominantly male (85%), White (82%) and ART-experienced (88%). 697 and 256 were from Western and Eastern Europe, respectively. 55 started cART during follow-up, the proportion starting with CD4 Although use of tenofovir-based cART among HIV-HBV patients has increased across Europe, a substantial proportion are still starting cART late and are receiving suboptimal HBV therapy.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Virological outcome of chronic hepatitis B virus infection in HIV-coinfected patients receiving anti-HBV active antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Núñez M, Ramos B, Díaz-Pollán B, Camino N, Martín-Carbonero L, Barreiro P, González-Lahoz J, Soriano V
- Issue date: 2006 Sep
- HIV-HBV coinfection in Southern Africa and the effect of lamivudine- versus tenofovir-containing cART on HBV outcomes.
- Authors: Hamers RL, Zaaijer HL, Wallis CL, Siwale M, Ive P, Botes ME, Sigaloff KC, Hoepelman AI, Stevens WS, Rinke de Wit TF, PharmAccess African Studies to Evaluate Resistance (PASER).
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 1
- Lamivudine plus tenofovir versus lamivudine plus adefovir for the treatment of hepatitis B virus in HIV-coinfected patients, starting antiretroviral therapy.
- Authors: Sarkar J, Saha D, Bandyopadhyay B, Saha B, Chakravarty R, Guha SK
- Issue date: 2018 Apr-Jun
- Role of a 48-week pegylated interferon therapy in hepatitis B e antigen positive HIV-co-infected patients on cART including tenofovir: EMVIPEG study.
- Authors: Miailhes P, Maynard-Muet M, Lebossé F, Carrat F, Bouix C, Lascoux-Combe C, Sogni P, Rey D, Barthe Y, Pol S, Cacoub P, Zoulim F, Piroth L
- Issue date: 2014 Oct
- Hepatitis B in HIV patients: what is the current treatment and what are the challenges?
- Authors: Soriano V, Tuma P, Vispo E, Labarga P, Fernández JV, Medrano J, Barreiro P
- Issue date: 2009 Mar