The psychometric properties of the Icelandic version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) when used prenatal.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsLydsdottir, Linda B
Howard, Louise M
Sigurdsson, Jon Fridrik
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThe psychometric properties of the Icelandic version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) when used prenatal. 2018, 69:45-51 Midwifery
AbstractTo evaluate the psychometric properties of the Icelandic version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS) when used prenatal, explore the dimensionality of the scale and describe its effectiveness in identifying depression. A sample of Icelandic women filled in the EPDS at week 16 gestation, week 24 and week 36. If screened positive in week 16 they were asked to attend a psychiatric diagnostic interview 2-4 weeks later. Every 10th woman screened negative was also asked to attend an interview. Antenatal clinics at primary health care centres in Iceland. In total, 2512 women receiving prenatal care participated in the study. At week 16 gestation, 2397 women filled in the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, 2025 at week 25, and 1756 at week 36. 474 women attended diagnostic interview two to four weeks after screening.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- The Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale: translation and antepartum validation for a Hungarian sample.
- Authors: Töreki A, Andó B, Keresztúri A, Sikovanyecz J, Dudas RB, Janka Z, Kozinszky Z, Pál A
- Issue date: 2013 Apr
- Psychometric evaluation of the Mainland Chinese version of the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale.
- Authors: Wang Y, Guo X, Lau Y, Chan KS, Yin L, Chen J
- Issue date: 2009 Jun
- Predictive validity of the Postpartum Depression Predictors Inventory-Revised (PDPI-R): A longitudinal study with Portuguese women.
- Authors: Alves S, Fonseca A, Canavarro MC, Pereira M
- Issue date: 2019 Feb
- First validation of a Spanish-translated version of the Edinburgh postnatal depression scale (EPDS) for use in pregnant women. A Chilean study.
- Authors: Alvarado R, Jadresic E, Guajardo V, Rojas G
- Issue date: 2015 Aug
- Performance of the 3-item screener, the Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale, the Hopkins Symptoms Checklist-15 and the Self-Reporting Questionnaire and Pregnancy Risk Questionnaire, in screening of depression in antenatal clinics in the Blantyre district of Malawi.
- Authors: Chorwe-Sungani G, Chipps J
- Issue date: 2018 Sep