MiR-203a is differentially expressed during branching morphogenesis and EMT in breast progenitor cells and is a repressor of peroxidasin.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Sigurdardottir, Anna Karen
Magnusson, Magnus Karl
Traustadottir, Gunnhildur Asta
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMiR-203a is differentially expressed during branching morphogenesis and EMT in breast progenitor cells and is a repressor of peroxidasin. 2019,
AbstractMicroRNAs regulate developmental events such as branching morphogenesis, epithelial to mesenchymal transition (EMT) and its reverse process mesenchymal to epithelial transition (MET). In this study, we performed small RNA sequencing of a breast epithelial progenitor cell line (D492), and its mesenchymal derivative (D492M) cultured in three-dimensional microenvironment. Among the most downregulated miRNAs in D492M was miR-203a, a miRNA that plays an important role in epithelial differentiation. Increased expression of miR-203a was seen in D492, concomitant with increased complexity of branching. When miR-203a was overexpressed in D492M, a partial reversion towards epithelial phenotype was seen. Gene expression analysis of D492M and D492M
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- MicroRNA-200c-141 and ∆Np63 are required for breast epithelial differentiation and branching morphogenesis.
- Authors: Hilmarsdóttir B, Briem E, Sigurdsson V, Franzdóttir SR, Ringnér M, Arason AJ, Bergthorsson JT, Magnusson MK, Gudjonsson T
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 15
- Application of the D492 Cell Lines to Explore Breast Morphogenesis, EMT and Cancer Progression in 3D Culture.
- Authors: Briem E, Ingthorsson S, Traustadottir GA, Hilmarsdottir B, Gudjonsson T
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Downregulation of miRNA-30c and miR-203a is associated with hepatitis C virus core protein-induced epithelial-mesenchymal transition in normal hepatocytes and hepatocellular carcinoma cells.
- Authors: Liu D, Wu J, Liu M, Yin H, He J, Zhang B
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 4
- Hypoxia-induced down-regulation of microRNA-34a promotes EMT by targeting the Notch signaling pathway in tubular epithelial cells.
- Authors: Du R, Sun W, Xia L, Zhao A, Yu Y, Zhao L, Wang H, Huang C, Sun S
- Issue date: 2012
- LncRNA Mical2/miR-203a-3p sponge participates in epithelial-mesenchymal transition by targeting p66Shc in liver fibrosis.
- Authors: Zhao Y, Wang Z, Zhou J, Feng D, Li Y, Hu Y, Zhang F, Chen Z, Wang G, Ma X, Tian X, Yao J
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 15