Clinical practice guideline on atraumatic (pencil-point) vs conventional needles for lumbar puncture: Endorsement by the Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Chew, Michelle S
Olkkola, Klaus T
Sverrison, Kristinn Ö
Møller, Morten Hylander
MetadataShow full item record
CitationClinical practice guideline on atraumatic (pencil-point) vs conventional needles for lumbar puncture: Endorsement by the Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine. 2019, 63(4):438-439 Acta Anaesthesiol Scand
AbstractThe Scandinavian Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care Medicine Clinical Practice Committee endorses the BMJ Rapid Recommendation clinical practice guideline on atraumatic (pencil-point) vs conventional needles for lumbar puncture. This includes the strong recommendation for the use of atraumatic needles for lumbar puncture in all patients regardless of age or indication.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Use of atraumatic spinal needles among neurologists in the United States.
- Authors: Birnbach DJ, Kuroda MM, Sternman D, Thys DM
- Issue date: 2001 Apr
- Atraumatic (pencil-point) versus conventional needles for lumbar puncture: a clinical practice guideline.
- Authors: Rochwerg B, Almenawer SA, Siemieniuk RAC, Vandvik PO, Agoritsas T, Lytvyn L, Alhazzani W, Archambault P, D'Aragon F, Farhoumand PD, Guyatt G, Laake JH, Beltrán-Arroyave C, McCredie V, Price A, Chabot C, Zervakis T, Badhiwala J, St-Onge M, Szczeklik W, Møller MH, Lamontagne F
- Issue date: 2018 May 22
- Atraumatic versus conventional lumbar puncture needles: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Nath S, Koziarz A, Badhiwala JH, Alhazzani W, Jaeschke R, Sharma S, Banfield L, Shoamanesh A, Singh S, Nassiri F, Oczkowski W, Belley-Côté E, Truant R, Reddy K, Meade MO, Farrokhyar F, Bala MM, Alshamsi F, Krag M, Etxeandia-Ikobaltzeta I, Kunz R, Nishida O, Matouk C, Selim M, Rhodes A, Hawryluk G, Almenawer SA
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 24
- Atraumatic lumbar puncture needles: after all these years, are we still missing the point?
- Authors: Arendt K, Demaerschalk BM, Wingerchuk DM, Camann W
- Issue date: 2009 Jan
- Atraumatic versus traumatic lumbar puncture needles: a systematic review and meta-analysis protocol.
- Authors: Nath S, Badhiwala JH, Alhazzani W, Nassiri F, Belley-Cote E, Koziarz A, Shoamanesh A, Banfield L, Oczkowski W, Sharma M, Sahlas D, Reddy K, Farrokhyar F, Singh S, Sharma S, Zytaruk N, Selim M, Almenawer SA
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 31