GBA and APOE ε4 associate with sporadic dementia with Lewy bodies in European genome wide association study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
de Rojas, Itziar
Sando, Sigrid B
Lemstra, Afina W
van Steenoven, Inger
Almdahl, Ina S
Eriksen, Jon A
Ulstein, Ingun D
Desikan, Rahul S
Andreassen, Ole A
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGBA and APOE ε4 associate with sporadic dementia with Lewy bodies in European genome wide association study. 2019, 9(1):7013 Sci Rep
AbstractDementia with Lewy Bodies (DLB) is a common neurodegenerative disorder with poor prognosis and mainly unknown pathophysiology. Heritability estimates exceed 30% but few genetic risk variants have been identified. Here we investigated common genetic variants associated with DLB in a large European multisite sample. We performed a genome wide association study in Norwegian and European cohorts of 720 DLB cases and 6490 controls and included 19 top-associated single-nucleotide polymorphisms in an additional cohort of 108 DLB cases and 75545 controls from Iceland. Overall the study included 828 DLB cases and 82035 controls. Variants in the ASH1L/GBA (Chr1q22) and APOE ε4 (Chr19) loci were associated with DLB surpassing the genome-wide significance threshold (p < 5 × 10-8). One additional genetic locus previously linked to psychosis in Alzheimer's disease, ZFPM1 (Chr16q24.2), showed suggestive association with DLB at p-value < 1 × 10-6. We report two susceptibility loci for DLB at genome-wide significance, providing insight into etiological factors. These findings highlight the complex relationship between the genetic architecture of DLB and other neurodegenerative disorders.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Download
- Genetic modifiers of risk and age at onset in GBA associated Parkinson's disease and Lewy body dementia.
- Authors: Blauwendraat C, Reed X, Krohn L, Heilbron K, Bandres-Ciga S, Tan M, Gibbs JR, Hernandez DG, Kumaran R, Langston R, Bonet-Ponce L, Alcalay RN, Hassin-Baer S, Greenbaum L, Iwaki H, Leonard HL, Grenn FP, Ruskey JA, Sabir M, Ahmed S, Makarious MB, Pihlstrøm L, Toft M, van Hilten JJ, Marinus J, Schulte C, Brockmann K, Sharma M, Siitonen A, Majamaa K, Eerola-Rautio J, Tienari PJ, 23andMe Research Team., Pantelyat A, Hillis AE, Dawson TM, Rosenthal LS, Albert MS, Resnick SM, Ferrucci L, Morris CM, Pletnikova O, Troncoso J, Grosset D, Lesage S, Corvol JC, Brice A, Noyce AJ, Masliah E, Wood N, Hardy J, Shulman LM, Jankovic J, Shulman JM, Heutink P, Gasser T, Cannon P, Scholz SW, Morris H, Cookson MR, Nalls MA, Gan-Or Z, Singleton AB
- Issue date: 2020 Jan 1
- Genome-wide analysis of genetic correlation in dementia with Lewy bodies, Parkinson's and Alzheimer's diseases.
- Authors: Guerreiro R, Escott-Price V, Darwent L, Parkkinen L, Ansorge O, Hernandez DG, Nalls MA, Clark L, Honig L, Marder K, van der Flier W, Holstege H, Louwersheimer E, Lemstra A, Scheltens P, Rogaeva E, St George-Hyslop P, Londos E, Zetterberg H, Ortega-Cubero S, Pastor P, Ferman TJ, Graff-Radford NR, Ross OA, Barber I, Braae A, Brown K, Morgan K, Maetzler W, Berg D, Troakes C, Al-Sarraj S, Lashley T, Compta Y, Revesz T, Lees A, Cairns NJ, Halliday GM, Mann D, Pickering-Brown S, Powell J, Lunnon K, Lupton MK, International Parkinson's Disease Genomics Consortium (IPDGC)., Dickson D, Hardy J, Singleton A, Bras J
- Issue date: 2016 Feb
- Genetic analysis implicates APOE, SNCA and suggests lysosomal dysfunction in the etiology of dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Authors: Bras J, Guerreiro R, Darwent L, Parkkinen L, Ansorge O, Escott-Price V, Hernandez DG, Nalls MA, Clark LN, Honig LS, Marder K, Van Der Flier WM, Lemstra A, Scheltens P, Rogaeva E, St George-Hyslop P, Londos E, Zetterberg H, Ortega-Cubero S, Pastor P, Ferman TJ, Graff-Radford NR, Ross OA, Barber I, Braae A, Brown K, Morgan K, Maetzler W, Berg D, Troakes C, Al-Sarraj S, Lashley T, Compta Y, Revesz T, Lees A, Cairns N, Halliday GM, Mann D, Pickering-Brown S, Dickson DW, Singleton A, Hardy J
- Issue date: 2014 Dec 1
- The genetics of dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Authors: Tolea MI, Galvin JE
- Issue date: 2018
- Next-generation sequencing reveals substantial genetic contribution to dementia with Lewy bodies.
- Authors: Geiger JT, Ding J, Crain B, Pletnikova O, Letson C, Dawson TM, Rosenthal LS, Pantelyat A, Gibbs JR, Albert MS, Hernandez DG, Hillis AE, Stone DJ, Singleton AB, North American Brain Expression Consortium., Hardy JA, Troncoso JC, Scholz SW
- Issue date: 2016 Oct