EuGMS Task and Finish group on Fall-Risk-Increasing Drugs (FRIDs): Position on Knowledge Dissemination, Management, and Future Research.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsSeppala, L J
van der Velde, N
van der Cammen, T J
Kenny, R A
Caballero-Mora, M A
Emmelot-Vonk, M H
Baeyens, J P
Pisa, F E
MetadataShow full item record
CitationEuGMS Task and Finish group on Fall-Risk-Increasing Drugs (FRIDs): Position on Knowledge Dissemination, Management, and Future Research. 2019, 36(4):299-307 Drugs Aging
AbstractFalls are a major public health concern in the older population, and certain medication classes are a significant risk factor for falls. However, knowledge is lacking among both physicians and older people, including caregivers, concerning the role of medication as a risk factor. In the present statement, the European Geriatric Medicine Society (EuGMS) Task and Finish group on fall-risk-increasing drugs (FRIDs), in collaboration with the EuGMS Special Interest group on Pharmacology and the European Union of Medical Specialists (UEMS) Geriatric Medicine Section, outlines its position regarding knowledge dissemination on medication-related falls in older people across Europe. The EuGMS Task and Finish group is developing educational materials to facilitate knowledge dissemination for healthcare professionals and older people. In addition, steps in primary prevention through judicious prescribing, deprescribing of FRIDs (withdrawal and dose reduction), and gaps in current research are outlined in this position paper.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- EuGMS Task and Finish group on Fall-Risk-Increasing Drugs (FRIDs): Position on Knowledge Dissemination, Management, and Future Research.
- Authors: Seppala LJ, van der Velde N, Masud T, Blain H, Petrovic M, van der Cammen TJ, Szczerbińska K, Hartikainen S, Kenny RA, Ryg J, Eklund P, Topinková E, Mair A, Laflamme L, Thaler H, Bahat G, Gutiérrez-Valencia M, Caballero-Mora MA, Landi F, Emmelot-Vonk MH, EuGMS Task and Finish Group on Fall-Risk-Increasing Drugs., Cherubini A, Baeyens JP, Correa-Pérez A, Gudmundsson A, Marengoni A, O'Mahony D, Parekh N, Pisa FE, Rajkumar C, Wehling M, Ziere G, EuGMS Special Interest Group on Pharmacology.
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- STOPPFall (Screening Tool of Older Persons Prescriptions in older adults with high fall risk): a Delphi study by the EuGMS Task and Finish Group on Fall-Risk-Increasing Drugs.
- Authors: Seppala LJ, Petrovic M, Ryg J, Bahat G, Topinkova E, Szczerbińska K, van der Cammen TJM, Hartikainen S, Ilhan B, Landi F, Morrissey Y, Mair A, Gutiérrez-Valencia M, Emmelot-Vonk MH, Mora MÁC, Denkinger M, Crome P, Jackson SHD, Correa-Pérez A, Knol W, Soulis G, Gudmundsson A, Ziere G, Wehling M, O'Mahony D, Cherubini A, van der Velde N
- Issue date: 2021 Jun 28
- A Comprehensive Fracture Prevention Strategy in Older Adults: The European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS) Statement.
- Authors: Blain H, Masud T, Dargent-Molina P, Martin FC, Rosendahl E, van der Velde N, Bousquet J, Benetos A, Cooper C, Kanis JA, Reginster JY, Rizzoli R, Cortet B, Barbagallo M, Dreinhöfer KE, Vellas B, Maggi S, Strandberg T, EUGMS Falls and Fracture Interest Group., European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO), Osteoporosis Research and Information Group (GRIO), and International osteoporosis Foundation (IOF).
- Issue date: 2016
- A comprehensive fracture prevention strategy in older adults: the European Union Geriatric Medicine Society (EUGMS) statement.
- Authors: Blain H, Masud T, Dargent-Molina P, Martin FC, Rosendahl E, van der Velde N, Bousquet J, Benetos A, Cooper C, Kanis JA, Reginster JY, Rizzoli R, Cortet B, Barbagallo M, Dreinhöfer KE, Vellas B, Maggi S, Strandberg T, EUGMS Falls and Fracture Interest Group,., International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics for the European Region (IAGG-ER),., European Union of Medical Specialists (EUMS),., Fragility Fracture Network (FFN),., European Society for Clinical and Economic Aspects of Osteoporosis and Osteoarthritis (ESCEO), and., International Osteoporosis Foundation (IOF).
- Issue date: 2016 Aug
- Do fall-risk-increasing drugs have an impact on mortality in older hip fracture patients? A population-based cohort study.
- Authors: Kragh Ekstam A, Elmståhl S
- Issue date: 2016