Lessons learnt from anonymized review of cases of peripartum hysterectomy by international experts: A qualitative pilot study.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Aabakke, Anna J M
Colmorn, Lotte B
van den Akker, Thomas
van Roosmalen, Jos
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLessons learnt from anonymized review of cases of peripartum hysterectomy by international experts: A qualitative pilot study. 2019, 98(8):955-957 Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand
AbstractSevere obstetric complications are not extensively studied and individual cases are used too little and inappropriately in quality improvement activities, due to limited numbers and prioritization of quantitative research. Nordic and European experts performed a qualitative pilot study using anonymized cases of peripartum hysterectomy. It was feasible to anonymize narratives and we learned lessons in the form of themes for improved clinical care and future research. Therefore, we plan a Nordic anonymized review of the care of women who have undergone peripartum hysterectomy based on narratives. The qualitative outcomes of clinically relevant themes for quality improvement and research will add value to the quantitative analyses from the Nordic medical birth registries. In the longer term, we believe that qualitative audits should be an essential part of the process of continuing improvement in maternity care.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- The Nordic Obstetric Surveillance Study: a study of complete uterine rupture, abnormally invasive placenta, peripartum hysterectomy, and severe blood loss at delivery.
- Authors: Colmorn LB, Petersen KB, Jakobsson M, Lindqvist PG, Klungsoyr K, Källen K, Bjarnadottir RI, Tapper AM, Børdahl PE, Gottvall K, Thurn L, Gissler M, Krebs L, Langhoff-Roos J
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Potentially Avoidable Peripartum Hysterectomies in Denmark: A Population Based Clinical Audit.
- Authors: Colmorn LB, Krebs L, Langhoff-Roos J, NOSS study group.
- Issue date: 2016
- A novel use of a classification system to audit severe maternal morbidity.
- Authors: Homer CS, Kurinczuk JJ, Spark P, Brocklehurst P, Knight M
- Issue date: 2010 Oct
- Women undergoing peripartum hysterectomy due to obstetric hemorrhage: A prospective population-based study.
- Authors: Maraschini A, Lega I, D'Aloja P, Buoncristiano M, Dell'Oro S, Donati S, Regional Obstetric Surveillance System Working Group.
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- Neonatal outcomes after the obstetric near-miss events uterine rupture, abnormally invasive placenta and emergency peripartum hysterectomy - prospective data from the 2009-2011 Finnish NOSS study.
- Authors: Jakobsson M, Tapper AM, Palomäki O, Ojala K, Pallasmaa N, Ordén MR, Gissler M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec