Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAcute type-A aortic dissection - a review. 2019, 1-13. doi: 10.1080/14017431.2019.1660401 Scand Cardiovasc J
AbstractObjectives. Acute type-A aortic dissection (ATAAD) is still one of the most challenging diseases that cardiac surgeons encounter. Design. This review is based on the current literature and includes the results from the Nordic Consortium for Acute Type-A Aortic Dissection (NORCAAD) database. It covers different aspects of ATAAD and concentrates on the outcome of surgical repair. Results and conclusions. The diagnosis is occasionally delayed, and ATAAD is usually lethal if prompt repair is not performed. The dynamic nature of the disease, the variation in presentation and clinical course, and the urgency of treatment require significant attentiveness. Many surgical techniques and perfusion strategies of varying complexity have been described, ranging from simple interposition graft to total arch replacement with frozen elephant trunk and valve-sparing root reconstruction. Although more complex techniques may provide long-term benefit in selected patients, they require significant surgical expertise and experience. Short-term survival is first priority so an expedited operation that fits in with the surgeon's level of expertise is in most cases appropriate.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Reflection From UK Aortic Group: Frozen Elephant Trunk Technique as Optimal Solution in Type A Acute Aortic Dissection.
- Authors: Mariscalco G, Bilal H, Catarino P, Hadjinikolaou L, Kuduvalli M, Field M, Mascaro J, Oo AY, Quarto C, Kuo J, Tsang G, UK Aortic Group.
- Issue date: 2019 Winter
- Classification and outcomes of extended arch repair for acute Type A aortic dissection: a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Authors: Smith HN, Boodhwani M, Ouzounian M, Saczkowski R, Gregory AJ, Herget EJ, Appoo JJ
- Issue date: 2017 Mar 1
- The Nordic Consortium for Acute type A Aortic Dissection (NORCAAD): objectives and design<sup/>.
- Authors: Geirsson A, Ahlsson A, Franco-Cereceda A, Fuglsang S, Gunn J, Hansson EC, Hjortdal V, Jarvela K, Jeppsson A, Mennander A, Nozohoor S, Olsson C, Wickbom A, Zindovic I, Gudbjartsson T
- Issue date: 2016 Oct - Dec
- Supra-aortic vessel reconstruction in total arch replacement for acute type A dissection: Comparison of en bloc and separate graft techniques.
- Authors: Lin Y, Ma WG, Zheng J, Xing XY, Pan XD, Zhu JM, Sun LZ
- Issue date: 2019 Mar
- Effects of Sex on Early Outcome following Repair of Acute Type A Aortic Dissection: Results from The Nordic Consortium for Acute Type A Aortic Dissection (NORCAAD).
- Authors: Chemtob RA, Hjortdal V, Ahlsson A, Gunn J, Mennander A, Zindovic I, Olsson C, Pivodic A, Hansson EC, Jeppsson A, Geirsson A, Gudbjartsson T
- Issue date: 2019 Feb