Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies eight new susceptibility loci for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsSarin, Kavita Y
Pardo, Luba M
Khavari, Paul A
Toland, Amanda E
Olafsson, Jon H
Whittemore, Alice S
Stacey, Simon N
Asgari, Maryam M
MetadataShow full item record
CitationSarin KY, Lin Y, Daneshjou R, et al. Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies eight new susceptibility loci for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Nat Commun. 2020;11(1):820. Published 2020 Feb 10. doi:10.1038/s41467-020-14594-5
AbstractCutaneous squamous cell carcinoma (SCC) is one of the most common cancers in the United States. Previous genome-wide association studies (GWAS) have identified 14 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) associated with cutaneous SCC. Here, we report the largest cutaneous SCC meta-analysis to date, representing six international cohorts and totaling 19,149 SCC cases and 680,049 controls. We discover eight novel loci associated with SCC, confirm all previously associated loci, and perform fine mapping of causal variants. The novel SNPs occur within skin-specific regulatory elements and implicate loci involved in cancer development, immune regulation, and keratinocyte differentiation in SCC susceptibility.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article, please click on the hyperlink in Additional Links field or click on the hyperlink at the top of the page marked Download
- Combined analysis of keratinocyte cancers identifies novel genome-wide loci.
- Authors: Liyanage UE, Law MH, Han X, An J, Ong JS, Gharahkhani P, Gordon S, Neale RE, Olsen CM, 23andMe Research Team., MacGregor S, Whiteman DC
- Issue date: 2019 Sep 15
- Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies five new susceptibility loci for cutaneous malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Law MH, Bishop DT, Lee JE, Brossard M, Martin NG, Moses EK, Song F, Barrett JH, Kumar R, Easton DF, Pharoah PDP, Swerdlow AJ, Kypreou KP, Taylor JC, Harland M, Randerson-Moor J, Akslen LA, Andresen PA, Avril MF, Azizi E, Scarrà GB, Brown KM, Dębniak T, Duffy DL, Elder DE, Fang S, Friedman E, Galan P, Ghiorzo P, Gillanders EM, Goldstein AM, Gruis NA, Hansson J, Helsing P, Hočevar M, Höiom V, Ingvar C, Kanetsky PA, Chen WV, GenoMEL Consortium., Essen-Heidelberg Investigators., SDH Study Group., Q-MEGA and QTWIN Investigators., AMFS Investigators., ATHENS Melanoma Study Group., Landi MT, Lang J, Lathrop GM, Lubiński J, Mackie RM, Mann GJ, Molven A, Montgomery GW, Novaković S, Olsson H, Puig S, Puig-Butille JA, Qureshi AA, Radford-Smith GL, van der Stoep N, van Doorn R, Whiteman DC, Craig JE, Schadendorf D, Simms LA, Burdon KP, Nyholt DR, Pooley KA, Orr N, Stratigos AJ, Cust AE, Ward SV, Hayward NK, Han J, Schulze HJ, Dunning AM, Bishop JAN, Demenais F, Amos CI, MacGregor S, Iles MM
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- Gene expression imputation identifies candidate genes and susceptibility loci associated with cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Ioannidis NM, Wang W, Furlotte NA, Hinds DA, 23andMe Research Team., Bustamante CD, Jorgenson E, Asgari MM, Whittemore AS
- Issue date: 2018 Oct 15
- Genome-wide association study identifies novel susceptibility loci for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Chahal HS, Lin Y, Ransohoff KJ, Hinds DA, Wu W, Dai HJ, Qureshi AA, Li WQ, Kraft P, Tang JY, Han J, Sarin KY
- Issue date: 2016 Jul 18
- A germline variant in the interferon regulatory factor 4 gene as a novel skin cancer risk locus.
- Authors: Han J, Qureshi AA, Nan H, Zhang J, Song Y, Guo Q, Hunter DJ
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 1