T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in patients 1-45 years treated with the pediatric NOPHO ALL2008 protocol.
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Jónsson, Ó G
Frandsen, T L
Marquart, H V
Osnes, L T
Overgaard, U M
MetadataShow full item record
CitationQuist-Paulsen P, Toft N, Heyman M, et al. T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia in patients 1-45 years treated with the pediatric NOPHO ALL2008 protocol. Leukemia. 2020;34(2):347‐357. doi:10.1038/s41375-019-0598-2
AbstractThe NOPHO ALL2008 is a population-based study using an unmodified pediatric protocol in patients 1-45 years of age with acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Patients with T-ALL were given a traditional pediatric scheme if fast responding (minimal residual disease (MRD) < 0.1% day 29), or intensive block-based chemotherapy if slow responding (MRD > 0.1% day 29). Both treatment arms included pediatric doses of high-dose methotrexate and asparaginase. If MRD ≥ 5% on day 29 or ≥0.1% after consolidation, patients were assigned to allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. The 5-year overall survival of the 278 T-ALL patients was 0.75 (95% CI 0.69-0.81), being 0.82 (0.74-0.88) for patients 1.0-9.9 years, 0.76 (0.66-0.86) for those 10.0-17.9 years, and 0.65 (0.55-0.75) for the older patients. The risk of death in first remission was significantly higher in adults (12%) compared with the 1-9 years group (4%). The MRD responses in the three age groups were similar, and only a nonsignificant increase in relapse risk was found in adults. In conclusion, an unmodified pediatric protocol in patients 1-45 years is effective in all age groups. The traditional pediatric treatment schedule was safe for all patients, but the intensive block therapy led to a high toxic death rate in adults.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- Increased survival due to lower toxicity for high-risk T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia patients in two consecutive pediatric-inspired PETHEMA trials.
- Authors: Barba P, Morgades M, Montesinos P, Gil C, Fox ML, Ciudad J, Moreno MJ, González-Campos J, Genescà E, Martínez-Carballeira D, Martino R, Vives S, Guardia R, Mercadal S, Artola MT, Cladera A, Tormo M, Esteve J, Bergua J, Vall-Llovera F, Ribera J, Martínez-Sanchez P, Amigo ML, Bermúdez A, Calbacho M, Hernández-Rivas JM, Feliu E, Orfao A, Ribera JM
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Results of NOPHO ALL2008 treatment for patients aged 1-45 years with acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Toft N, Birgens H, Abrahamsson J, Griškevičius L, Hallböök H, Heyman M, Klausen TW, Jónsson ÓG, Palk K, Pruunsild K, Quist-Paulsen P, Vaitkeviciene G, Vettenranta K, Åsberg A, Frandsen TL, Marquart HV, Madsen HO, Norén-Nyström U, Schmiegelow K
- Issue date: 2018 Mar
- Pediatric-Like Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Therapy in Adults With Lymphoblastic Lymphoma: The GRAALL-LYSA LL03 Study.
- Authors: Lepretre S, Touzart A, Vermeulin T, Picquenot JM, Tanguy-Schmidt A, Salles G, Lamy T, Béné MC, Raffoux E, Huguet F, Chevallier P, Bologna S, Bouabdallah R, Benichou J, Brière J, Moreau A, Tallon-Simon V, Seris S, Graux C, Asnafi V, Ifrah N, Macintyre E, Dombret H
- Issue date: 2016 Feb 20
- Minimal residual disease quantification by flow cytometry provides reliable risk stratification in T-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Modvig S, Madsen HO, Siitonen SM, Rosthøj S, Tierens A, Juvonen V, Osnes LTN, Vålerhaugen H, Hultdin M, Thörn I, Matuzeviciene R, Stoskus M, Marincevic M, Fogelstrand L, Lilleorg A, Toft N, Jónsson OG, Pruunsild K, Vaitkeviciene G, Vettenranta K, Lund B, Abrahamsson J, Schmiegelow K, Marquart HV
- Issue date: 2019 Jun
- Achieving Molecular Remission before Allogeneic Stem Cell Transplantation in Adult Patients with Philadelphia Chromosome-Positive Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Impact on Relapse and Long-Term Outcome.
- Authors: Lussana F, Intermesoli T, Gianni F, Boschini C, Masciulli A, Spinelli O, Oldani E, Tosi M, Grassi A, Parolini M, Audisio E, Cattaneo C, Raimondi R, Angelucci E, Cavattoni IM, Scattolin AM, Cortelezzi A, Mannelli F, Ciceri F, Mattei D, Borlenghi E, Terruzzi E, Romani C, Bassan R, Rambaldi A
- Issue date: 2016 Nov