Icelandic translation and reliability data on the DSM-5 version of the schedule for affective disorders and schizophrenia for school-aged children - present and lifetime version (K-SADS-PL).
Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
Ævarsson, Friðrik Már
Sigurjónsdóttir, Steinunn Anna
Harðardóttir, Harpa Hrönn
MetadataShow full item record
CitationÞórðarson Ó, Ævarsson FM, Helgadóttir S, et al. Icelandic translation and reliability data on the DSM-5 version of the schedule for affective disorders and schizophrenia for school-aged children - present and lifetime version (K-SADS-PL). Nord J Psychiatry. 2020;74(6):423-428. doi:10.1080/08039488.2020.1733660
AbstractBackground: The Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Present and Lifetime Version (K-SADS-PL) is a semi-structured interview based on the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), and assesses past and present symptoms in children aged 6-18 years old. It has been translated into more than 20 languages and is widely used in clinical work. The K-SADS-PL has recently been revised by adopting new DSM-5 disorders and modifying probes accordingly. However, research on this revision is critically limited. The objective of this study was to examine the inter-rater reliability of the DSM-5 K-SADS-PL when administered by postgraduate students after receiving thorough training and supervision. Method: The DSM-5 K-SADS-PL was applied in a clinical sample of two outpatient units: The outpatient unit of the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the Landspítali University Hospital in Reykjavík, Iceland and The Icelandic Anxiety Centre for Children, Adolescents and Young Adults. Results: Fourty-one (80%) consecutive patients aged 6-18 years consented and were included. Cohen's κ was calculated to estimate inter-rater reliability, with estimates ranging from fair to excellent (κ = 0.57-0.90), with most diagnoses in the excellent range (κ > 0.75). Conclusions: These results indicate that the Icelandic translation of the DSM-5 K-SADS-PL can be reliably administered by postgraduate students. Keywords: Inter-rater reliability; K-SADS-PL; clinical sample; paediatric.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
- The Kiddie Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia Present and Lifetime Version (K-SADS-PL) for DSM-5: A validation for neurodevelopmental disorders in Japanese outpatients.
- Authors: Nishiyama T, Sumi S, Watanabe H, Suzuki F, Kuru Y, Shiino T, Kimura T, Wang C, Lin Y, Ichiyanagi M, Hirai K
- Issue date: 2020 Jan
- The reliability and validity of Kiddie-Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia-Present and Lifetime Version- Korean version (K-SADS-PL-K).
- Authors: Kim YS, Cheon KA, Kim BN, Chang SA, Yoo HJ, Kim JW, Cho SC, Seo DH, Bae MO, So YK, Noh JS, Koh YJ, McBurnett K, Leventhal B
- Issue date: 2004 Feb 29
- Construct validity and parent-child agreement of the six new or modified disorders included in the Spanish version of the Kiddie Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia present and Lifetime Version DSM-5 (K-SADS-PL-5).
- Authors: de la Peña FR, Rosetti MF, Rodríguez-Delgado A, Villavicencio LR, Palacio JD, Montiel C, Mayer PA, Félix FJ, Larraguibel M, Viola L, Ortiz S, Fernández S, Jaímes A, Feria M, Sosa L, Palacios-Cruz L, Ulloa RE
- Issue date: 2018 Jun
- [Reliability and Validity of the Schedule for Affective Disorders and Schizophrenia for School-Age Children-Present and Lifetime Version, DSM-5 November 2016-Turkish Adaptation (K-SADS-PL-DSM-5-T)].
- Authors: Ünal F, Öktem F, Çetin Çuhadaroğlu F, Çengel Kültür SE, Akdemir D, Foto Özdemir D, Çak HT, Ünal D, Tıraş K, Aslan C, Kalaycı BM, Aydos BS, Kütük F, Taşyürek E, Karaokur R, Karabucak B, Karakök B, Karaer Y, Artık A
- Issue date: 2019 Spring
- An Icelandic version of the Kiddie-SADS-PL: translation, cross-cultural adaptation and inter-rater reliability.
- Authors: Lauth B, Magnusson P, Ferrari P, Pétursson H
- Issue date: 2008