Cast your vote
You can rate an item by clicking the amount of stars they wish to award to this item.
When enough users have cast their vote on this item, the average rating will also be shown.
Your vote was cast
Thank you for your feedback
Thank you for your feedback
AuthorsGudbjartsson, Daniel F
Magnusson, Olafur T
Norddahl, Gudmundur L
Agustsdottir, Arna B
Gardarsdottir, Elisabet E
Gretarsdottir, Olafia S
Gudmundsson, Kjartan R
Gunnarsdottir, Thora R
Jensson, Brynjar O
Josefsdottir, Kamilla S
Magnusdottir, Droplaug N
le Roux, Louise
Sveinsdottir, Kristin E
Thorarensen, Emil A
Möller, Alma D
Kristinsson, Karl G
MetadataShow full item record
CitationGudbjartsson DF, Helgason A, Jonsson H, et al. Spread of SARS-CoV-2 in the Icelandic Population. N Engl J Med. 2020;382(24):2302-2315. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa2006100
AbstractContext: Radical cystectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection (RC and PLND) are an essential part of the treatment paradigm in high risk bladder cancer. However, these patients have high rates of morbidity and mortality related both to the treatment and to the disease.Objective: To provide overview of current literature about clinical markers that can be used to predict and improve BC-patient outcomes at the time of RC and PLND and to study if they are properly validated.Evidence acquisition: A systematic literature search was conducted according to PRISMA (Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analyses) criteria between January 1990 and October 2018 to identify English written original and review articles relevant to this topic. Prospective and retrospective studies were included.Evidence synthesis: There are several risk factors identified from non-randomised trials that can be improved before surgery to reduce perioperative mortality and morbidity. These include poor nutritional status, anaemia, renal function and smoking. Preoperative nomograms have also been developed to help decision-making and to inform patients about the risks of surgery. They can be used to estimate risk of postoperative mortality after RC and PLND with accuracy varying from 70 to 86%. These nomograms are largely based on retrospective data. Likewise, nomograms developed to calculate estimates about patient's overall and cancer specific survival have the same limitations.Conclusion: Clinical markers to predict morbidity, mortality and survival in patients with bladder cancer treated with RC and PLND may help to improve patient outcomes and treatment decision-making, but available data come from small retrospective trials and have not been properly validated. Prospective, multi-centre studies are needed to implement and disseminate predictive clinical markers and nomograms such that they can be utilised in treatment decision-making in daily practice.
DescriptionTo access publisher's full text version of this article click on the hyperlink below
RightsCopyright © 2020 Massachusetts Medical Society.
- Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases at a screening clinic during the early outbreak period: a single-centre study.
- Authors: Khan M, Khan H, Khan S, Nawaz M
- Issue date: 2020 Aug
- Efficacy of hydroxychloroquine for post-exposure prophylaxis to prevent severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection among adults exposed to coronavirus disease (COVID-19): a structured summary of a study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Barnabas RV, Brown E, Bershteyn A, Miller RS, Wener M, Celum C, Wald A, Chu H, Wesche D, Baeten JM, Hydroxychloroquine COVID-19 PEP Study Team.
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 3
- Risk factors for SARS-CoV-2 among patients in the Oxford Royal College of General Practitioners Research and Surveillance Centre primary care network: a cross-sectional study.
- Authors: de Lusignan S, Dorward J, Correa A, Jones N, Akinyemi O, Amirthalingam G, Andrews N, Byford R, Dabrera G, Elliot A, Ellis J, Ferreira F, Lopez Bernal J, Okusi C, Ramsay M, Sherlock J, Smith G, Williams J, Howsam G, Zambon M, Joy M, Hobbs FDR
- Issue date: 2020 Sep
- The SARS-CoV-2 Ivermectin Navarra-ISGlobal Trial (SAINT) to Evaluate the Potential of Ivermectin to Reduce COVID-19 Transmission in low risk, non-severe COVID-19 patients in the first 48 hours after symptoms onset: A structured summary of a study protocol for a randomized control pilot trial.
- Authors: Chaccour C, Ruiz-Castillo P, Richardson MA, Moncunill G, Casellas A, Carmona-Torre F, Giráldez M, Mota JS, Yuste JR, Azanza JR, Fernández M, Reina G, Dobaño C, Brew J, Sadaba B, Hammann F, Rabinovich R
- Issue date: 2020 Jun 8
- Laboratory surveillance for SARS-CoV-2 in India: Performance of testing & descriptive epidemiology of detected COVID-19, January 22 - April 30, 2020.
- Authors: ICMR COVID Study Group (In alphabetical order: Priya Abraham†, Neeraj Aggarwa l2, Giridhara R. Babu 7, Suganya Barani 8, Balram Bhargava 4, Tarun Bhatnagar 8, Ajay Singh Dhama 3, Raman R. Gangakhedkar 2, Sidhartha Giri 2, Nivedita Gupta 2, Karishma K. Kurup 5, Ponnaiah Manickam 9, Manoj Murhekar ††, Varsha Potdar 1, Ira Praharaj 2, Kiran Rade 6, D.C.S. Reddy 11, V. Saravanakumar 10, Naman Shah 12, Harpreet Singh 3, Jeromie Wesley Vivian Thangaraj 8, Naveen Yadav 8), COVID Epidemiology & Data Management Team @, COVID Laboratory Team*, VRDLN Team$., @COVID Epidemiology & Data Management Team (in alphabetical order): Tanu Anand, Harish Kumar Butollia, Pranab Chatterjee, Himanshu Chauhan, R Deepa, Amirthammal Gunasekaran, Daisy A John, Shashi Kant, Sanket Kulkarni, Vinit Kumar, JP Muliyil, Ravindra Mohan Pandey, Swarup Sarkar, Sujeet Singh, Sanjay Zodpey., *COVID Laboratory Team (in alphabetical order): Srima Adhikari, Jyotsna Agarwal, Naveen KumarAgarwal, Saurabh G Agarwal, Prerna Aggarwal, Anurag Agrawal, Arti Agrawal, Safaa Muneer Ahmed, G Ambernath, Nitin Ambhore, VP Amudha, Sohini Arora, Ashok, Anita, Awanti, Veer Badriyah TA, Amrita Kumari B, Maneesh Bagai, Dipa Baido, Baijayantimala, Rupinder Bakshi, Bhaswati Bandyopaghyay, Avi Kumar Bansal, Abhik Baneerjee, Sonal Bangadi, Anurag Bansal, Shakeera Banu, Mahesh Baragundi, Pradeep Barde, Purabi Barman, Purnima Barua, Sharad Bhalla, Bharat, V Kusuma Bharathi, Anudita Bhargava, M Bhaskar, Sandeep Bhatia, Sima Bhatt, Binita, Ritu Bist, Debasis Biswas, Samrat Biswas, SK Biswas, Biswa Borkakoty, Siddhesh KC, Harish Chander, Jagdish Chander, R Sree Charan, Krishna Chandran R, Chandrasekar, Leena Chatterjee, Mitali Chatterjee, Bhaskar Narayan Chaudhuri, Sandeep P Chaudhari, Aparna Chaudhary, Nirupauma Chayani, VV Chincholkar, Deepinder Kaur Chhina, Elantamilan D, Ashwin Dalal, Mandeep Dalal, Lalit Dar, Aseem Das, Pradeep Das, Poonam Das, Suryasnata Dass, P K Dash, Somnadh Dash, K S Dayanidhi, Mandeep Dalal, Deepa, R Deepa, Vijayshri Deotale, Kairavi J Desai, Archana Deshpande, Smita Deshpande, Yogita Desai, Krupi Desai, M Neelaveni Devi, Sarada Devi, Sulochana Devi, Dhanapa,l Kanwardeep Dhingra, Rahul Dhodapkar, V DilliRani, Anupa Dixit, Nandini Dugal, Shanta Dutta, Sarjana Dutt, Anjum Farhana, Bashir Fomda, Shantala G, Rajni Gaind, Shelly Sharma Ganguly, Neeta Gangurde, Amit Garg, T Geethanjali, Paramjeet S Gill, CP Girish Kumar, Varun Goel, Shiv Gopal, Parijat Goswami, Puneeth Gonnabatuhulla, Kiran Gosavi, Navin Grover, Baldev Raj Gulati, Pooja Gumaste, Anjali Gupta, Minakshi Gupta, Piyali Gupta, Ekta Gupta, Srinita Gupta, Rattan Gurnani, Bijayesh Haldar, Haritha, Krishnan H Harshan, Beena Philomina J, Amita Jain, Manoj Jais, Pratik Jariwala, SC Jaryal, Tanuja Javadekar, Jayalakshmi, Jayshree, Daisy A John, T Jeyamurugan, Neerja Jindal, Ameeta Joshi, Pankaj Joshi, Jyothi, Lakshmi Jyothi, Lancy Justus, Nayana Ingole, Jyoti Iravane, Anil K, Anju Kagal, Iravathy Goud kalal, Usha Kalawat, Deepjyoti Kalita, P Kamala, N Kamath, Rajesh Kannangai, Santosh Karade, Jatinder Kaur, K. Kaveri, Kavitha, S Kavitha, Maithili Kavathekar, K Kesavarao, Rashmi Khadapkar, ID Khan, Shoeb Akhtar Khan, Neeta Khandelwal, PK Khatri, Nilofar Khayyam, D Kishore, Sandeep V Kokate, Prasanthi Koli, Vinita Kothari, Meka Koumudi, Mohan Kumar, R Senthil Kumar, Sharath Kumar, P Sravan Kumar, Suresh Kumar EK, D Pradeep Kumar, Ranjeet Kumar, AV Seshu Kumar, S Kumar, P Ratna Kumari, Kumari, Yogendra Kumar, Pradip Kundu, Jyothi Kunduru, Shoba Kurian, Jyothi Lakshmi, G. Jyothi Lakshmi, S. Lalitha, V Madhavi Latha, Madhavi Latha, Shailesh Lichade, S Madhavi, Udaya Kumar Madhurachari, Tapan Majumdar, Paras Mandalecha Paras Mandalecha, Dhruti Manek, Sasidhar Majeti, Malathi, Bharti Malhotra, Paras Mandalecha, Manoj, Devajyothi Majumdar, Supriya Malvi, D Therese Mary, Haris Mazoor, Guruprasad Medigeshi, M Lucy Nirmal Medona, Jeya Meenak, Deepak Kumar Mishra, Meena Mishra, Vaibhav Mishra, Kavitha MP, Prakash Modi, Mohanasundaram, Dharitri Mohapatra, Monica, Sandeepan Mukherjee, AK Munirajan, Varsha Munj, DS Murthy, Anitha Mutha, Vijaya Lakshmi Nag, Mythily Nagasundaram, M Ramamurthy Naik, Nair, Reena Nakra, Gopal Nath, Rajender P, N Shekhar Pal, Samiran Panda, Ajay Parida, Banojini Parida, Arunima Patel, Jaimin Patel, Parthiben, Shilpa Paranjape, Dipankar Pattanik, Manish Patel, Parimal H Patel, Sachin Patel, Vainav Patel, Binod Kumar Pati, Asha B Patil, Niranjan Patil, Nikhil Patkar, Beena Paul, Nikhil Phadke, AC Phukan, Prabha, Monika Prabhakar, Jaya Prakash, RS Prasad, Ranjit Prasad, Sujay Prasad, Amresh Puri, Manju Purohit, Vijay David Raj, Raghu, Rajan, Rajesh, S Rajesh, Y Rajini, Rishabh Rajput, Raju, Giri Raju, B Jabardhan Raju, Sunil Raju, C Ramachandra, SV Ramamurty, Vandana Rana, Vidhya R Rani, VV Ramanchndra Rao, Elmy Samsun Rasul, V Ravi, RK Ratho, Sharmila Raut, Vinita Rawat, Raja Ray, Ujjwayini Ray, S Subba Reddy, Mahesh Reddy, A Sugunakar Reddy, Raveendra HR Reddy, Sowjanya Reddy, PR Rekha, Savi Rodrigues, Anusha Rohit, Shabnam Roohi, krishna S, Lavanya S, Pushkala. S, Mahesh Sabeetha, Deepak Sadwani, Arvind Sahu, Sunitha Sahu, Apurva Sarin, Sahu, VP Sarasu, Saranya, S Saravanan, Raman Sardana, Arunabhao Sarkar, Dibyendu Sarkar, Smita sarma, Satish, Partha Sarathi Satpathi, Savitri, Shailaja Saxena, Sonal Saxena, Saubhik Sengupta, Rajeev Seth, Purvi Shah, Sweta Shah, Sandip C shah, SK Shahi, Nazira Shaikh, P Shankar, Ajanta Sharma, Anshu Sharma, Pooja Sharma, Shashi Sudan Sharma, Jayanthi Shastri, Nikita Sherwani, Shivaleela, Jayasree Shivadasan, Shreekumar, Ajith Singh, Binay Kumar Singh, Dig Vijay Singh, RK Manojkumar Singh, Satyendra Narayan Singh, Shashi P Singh, Simrita Singh, Sudagar Singh, Varsha A Singh, VB Singh, Sivakumar, Rakesh Srivastava, Sudha, C Sugumari, Sukanta Sinha, Ghanshyam Sone, KN Sridhar, CN Srinivas, S Srinivasan, Sandeep Kumar Srivastava, Sunija, K Sunitha, A Surekha, Sreekar, Namita Srivastava, M Mary Sujatha, B Usha Sundari, Swarnalatha, VP Sugnan, Sunita, Rupali Suryawanshi, Swarna, Venkatesha DT, Ajay Tahlan, Anil Tarigopula, Thilakavathi, Utpal Tatu, MS Tevatia, Narendra Vijay Tirpude, Tiwari, Srikanth Tripathy, Jyotirmaryee Turuk, Robin Tuli, Milind Ubale, Ujjala, Nawaz Umar, Banappa Unger, Sireesha Vaidya, Niraml A Vaniawala, V.Vasuki, NPB Veenakumari, M Veeraswamy, MM Vegad, Rosy Vennila, Ranjan Verma, Santwana Verma, Vijaya, A Vijayalakshmi, RD Vishwakarma, Veena Volvoikar, Chand Wattal, Madhu Yadav, Sarita Yadav, Vijay Yenagi, Kamraan Zaman, GB Zore., 1 Virus Research & Diagnostic Laboratory Network (VRDLN) Team (in alphabetical order): Arvind Bhushan, Swati Gupta, Harmanmeet Kaur, Jitendra Narayan, Salaj Rana, Neetu Vijay.
- Issue date: 2020 May